Product Manager, Service Infrastructure
Department/function: Business Effectiveness
Who we are:
Part of the Kuoni Travel Group, Kuoni Global Travel Distribution (GTD) division, which trades as GTA, is a B2B wholesaler of hotel rooms and destination services including transfers and sightseeing tours. Leaders in the market, we have 63 offices globally and over 3200 employees. Our culture is diverse, agile, fast paced and fun. Our employees are passionate about travel and technology and we attract people from all walks of life. We encourage creativity and in turn offer a culture with commitment and trust.
Our ambition is to continue to grow and develop the products and services we offer our customers and to continue to lead the market. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
A bit about the Team:
The Business Effectiveness team focus on improvements across the business to the customer and supplier experience of working with GTA and on improving internal processes and systems to deliver service improvements and elimination of waste and inefficiency.
The Business Effectiveness team oversee all process mapping and process ownership, understanding where linkages occur across the business functions and identify where improvement can be made. This translates in to actionable plans and the engagement of relevant Product Management and/or IT dev elopement teams as required.
Who we are:
What we require for this role:
The Product Manager, Service Infrastructure will be an enthusiastic and influential owner of internal supporting technology used by our Customer service and supplier service teams.
The Product Manager will demonstrate a deep level of curiosity about the business, the customer and technology using research and analysis to formulate commercial product solutions.
Experience of telephony systems and contact centre or customer service environments would be preferable
The Product Manager will:
• Define service infrastructure strategy and road maps through a deep focus and understanding of the customer gained through critical analysis of the customer, the competitive environment and technology, in alignment with internal service teams.
• Lead the execution of product development, delivering high quality business plans, launching first-rate products, and pursuing product improvements with a focus on operational success, in response to customer needs.
• Effectively write compelling user stories to demonstrate the commercial potential of each Product.
• Manage the performance of each product and be able to decide when the product should be retired from the portfolio.
• Create a Product Management environment within GTA through successful influencing and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills and experience you will need:
• Proven ability to manage a product portfolio within a product team including the creation and management of a product backlog in an agile environment
• Proven understanding of technology and technical delivery, and how it impacts product development
• Experience with technology teams delivering customer focused solutions
• Ability to create, translate and interpret business strategies to set direction
• Experience writing high quality business requirements and seeing them through to successful commercial delivery
• Ability to engage at a technical and commercial level with internal and external executives, senior managers, developers and analysts
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, incorporating the ability to sell new ideas and solutions along with the ability to push back on business partners while maintaining productive relationships
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to improvise and communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis and including presentation skills in a high-tech environment
• Experience working with commercially available content management systems (CMS)
• Ability to leverage CMSs to organize, extract and present data in creative ways
• Able to travel overseas a number of times a year
Want to hear more?
To hear more please apply online with a full up to date CV and include your current salary and benefits and notice period.