The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As one of America’s longest-running magazines, we find ourselves in a remarkable moment of both continuing to uphold our oldest and most profound legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves to seize the newest opportunities for the future.
To that end, we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Product Manager to join our team in this moment of rapid expansion and transformation. You will be instrumental in planning and executing our critical consumer revenue strategy and growing our paying subscriber base. This role will be highly data-driven, collaborating closely with our data science, consumer marketing and engineering teams. You will analyze and optimize subscriber success, identify opportunities to test, drive understanding of our users and their needs, and lead rigorous experiments along the way.
You must be passionate about creating great customer experiences. This position demands a customer advocate who champions our readers’ needs and values excellent product experiences. You must also have a passion for high quality news products. We’re looking for a product leader who is excited by the challenge of crafting a plan to reach our ambitious goals as we explore new revenue models and motivated to guide our iteration on our products as we carry out that plan.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing input and executing the strategy for our consumer revenue offerings and serving as an internal expert on the state of the art in digital subscriptions and memberships
- Contributing to a shared vision and roadmap with vital stakeholders and partners
- Defining, analyzing and implementing metrics of success to inform product development decision
- Managing the product lifecycle from concept through launch; identifying opportunities for ongoing improvements
- Identifying new areas for product development and leading experimentation including both A/B testing and user testing
- Translating organizational objectives into tactical projects and requirements, then partnering closely with design and engineering to drive the development process
- Conducting needs assessments, competitive research, user research and market analysis
Qualifications for you to have:
- 3+ years experience in marketing or product development, with a focus on subscriber growth
- Creative problem solver with solid analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated ability leading cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to converse with business, editorial and technology teams along with senior management
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual integrity, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks those with natural disposition toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits, but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.