Overview of DeepCrawl
DeepCrawl is the market leader in technical SEO analysis, providing actionable data for flawless website architecture. By identifying and monitoring key issues that could affect SEO performance, we empower our clients to optimize their websites for users and search engines alike. This enables our clients to drive further traffic and revenue from their organic channel.
Our ultimate goal is to make our users better technical SEOs – we do this by making advanced technical concepts simple, and building tools to do analyses that previously needed expertise to undertake. To help us support that vision we’re looking for bright and passionate talent to join us across our London, New York City, and Krakow offices.
Product Management at DeepCrawl
The product team at DeepCrawl is responsible for understanding the problems of our clients and works to find the improvements that can add the most value to the product. We’re approaching our next big growth phase, so are looking for experienced product professionals to help shape our team and take ownership of a part of our product.
We aim to run Spotify-esque autonomous teams with clearly defined areas of responsibility and accountability to drive outcome-led KPIs. You’ll be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to understand our users and drive meaningful growth on a part of our flagship application.
Ready to apply?
Rather than send your CV, we screen candidates by asking you to answer four questions with short (max 250 words) answers. To help prevent bias, your answers are anonymised and rated by several people from our product team.
PMs at DeepCrawl do everything you might expect:
- Working with the wider product and engineering organisation to consistently improve our processes.
- Spending time with and learning about the problems that our clients have in their day to day work.
- Collecting and organising feedback on your project. Conducting quant and qual research to understand our clients and the problems they face.
- Working to prioritise everything that we could potentially build into a coherent roadmap.
- Mapping out user journeys into draft stories.
- Participating in ‘3 amigos’ sessions to help our engineers build BDD examples and tests.
- Leading core agile meetings with your team: all of our teams work differently, but most of them undertake some level of grooming, planning, stand ups, and retros.
- Working with our CS, sales, and marketing teams to collaborate on go-to market plans.
- Setting, monitoring, and working towards outcome-led KPIs.
You should have:
- Experience working in a product management role, with some time spent at a B2B, SaaS, or PaaS business. We are hiring for multiple product roles, so are looking for applicants of all experience levels.
- A passion for good product management: you are able to spot risky assumptions and can find reliable ways to validate them.
To learn about how we are currently thinking about product management, we’d recommend reading:
- Builders make the best product people: https://medium.com/@pierosierra/builders-make-the-best-product-people-22fdb8d75dfe
- Outcomes over outputs: https://www.mindtheproduct.com/2019/07/outcomes-over-outputs-josh-seiden-on-the-product-experience/
- Spotify’s (2014) engineering culture: https://blog.crisp.se/2014/03/27/henrikkniberg/spotify-engineering-culture-part-1
- Inspired by Marty Cagan
Why work for DeepCrawl?
- We’re an innovative and fast growing tech start-up.
- Our work from home & remote working policies ensure that you can get your work done wherever works.
- Annual personal training budget and a bottomless book budget.
- An international business, with clients all over the world and offices across London, New York City and Krakow.
- Comprehensive private healthcare cover.
- Participation in the company share options programme.
- Whatever hardware you need to do your job.
- All of the normal company lunches, nights out, and trips that you’d expect from a growing software business.