If you are passionate about bringing innovative ideas to B2B payments so that business customers can pay and get paid securely, we have the right job for you! Check out this open position!
Bill.com is a leader in financial process automation for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes, automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes. With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company partners with four of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visitwww.bill.com or follow @billcom.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated person to join Bill.com’s Product Management team and help us eliminate the use of paper checks with Small and Medium Sized Businesses! This person will help reinvent the way Small and Medium Sized Businesses pay and get paid in a secure fashion.
- Own and manage the payments & risk platform roadmap to provide holistic & innovative B2B payments offering by clearly understanding the business goals and customer needs across multiple channels (Direct customers, Accountants & Bank partners)
- Get a deep understanding of Bill.com offering and the risk exposure from fraud, identity and credit risk. Recommend initiatives that will help Bill.com to mitigate these risks without compromising on customer experience
- Enable new payment rails by directly working with one or more financial institutions
- Innovate, define and deliver high priority payments & risk initiatives by working closely with a cross-functional team of Business owners, Developers, QA, Designers, 3rd-party partners and more
- Conduct market research to understand the latest B2B payment trends in US and provide recommendations with business justification and supporting data
Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of product management or related professional experience in the software industry
- Agile product management experience or a like role leading execution in the payments or fintech space or trust & safety.
- Strong product management skills, including most importantly, an ability to differentiate between building what is asked for and what is truly needed
- Experience managing partnerships and strategic business relationships with third party companies.
- Experience in Customer Research methodologies (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, behavioral including measuring web analytics and/or A/B testing) and a knack to clearly understand the customer problems/pain points
- Proficiency in measuring the effectiveness of features that are implemented
- Proven results driving customer satisfaction (or Net Promoter) with direct to consumers or SMB products
- Experience in cross functional leadership roles including working with Sales, Client Services, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering and other Technology teams to support product positioning and address questions
- Experience in Payments, Trust & Safety and/or Financial Services. Familiarity with the payments systems, ACH rails, etc.
- BS or University degree, MBA a plus but not required
Competencies needed to be successful in this role:
- Strategic thinking/Business sense
- Customer Orientation
- Strength in Communication (Internal and External facing)
- Functional/Technical Expertise (including AGILE)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Alignment to Company Values
- Learning Agility
- Team Player
- Attention to details
Expected Outcomes in 3 months:
- Fully ramped up on the Bill.com end to end product and customer
- Fully ramped up on the payments platform covering checks, ACH and RPPS processing
- Fully ramped up on the risk platform with a clear understanding of the threats/frauds trends and the controls in place
Expected Outcomes in 6 to 9 months:
- Clear understanding of the Bill.com Connect product offering which is used by many top financial institutions in the US
- Successful implementation of a new payment rail to one or more financial institutions
- Data-centric approach to clearly understand the customer segment and customer needs/pain points related to payments & risk
Expected Outcomes in a year:
- Come-up with a scalable approach to enable new payments rails for Bill.com with a goal of quicker time of market
- Opportunities to improve the payments processing to make the platform more robust and to improve the speed of payments while maintaining the credit risk
- Identify opportunities to improve the payments experience for the receivables
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer