We’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead the development of Citizens Advice’s future digital service.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, you’ll help shape and grow the team leading our digital transformation. You’ll own the product roadmap and bring the product vision to life through day to day agile delivery, building and iterating a product that makes a difference to people at the most difficult times of their lives.
We’re after a dynamic problem-solver who can deliver at pace within a large organisation, recognising both the potential in and responsibility of digital transformation in a charity helping over 20m people every year.
• Manage the full life-cycle of products from ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement
• Own the product roadmap and backlog, prioritising work and releases
• Champion user-needs within the team and wider organisation
• Employ user research and data insight to test and validate product features
• Work with our Change Manager to define meaningful measures of success and communicate plans
• Work with our Delivery Manager to lead a small team to design, develop and test all elements of the product
• Communicate the product vision and path to release with the Citizens Advice Service
• Demonstrable success of bringing digital products to market
• Ability to translate a vision into a tangible workload with clearly defined responsibilities
• Ability to prioritise across a broad user-base, giving clear explanations for why some features are more urgent than others
• Understanding of large and complex service delivery organisations
• Strong understanding of technical architecture around complex digital services, and confidence leading a technical team to leverage the productivity benefits of Public Cloud
• Clear vision of what makes a great user experience and ability to turn this into measurable goals
• Ability to inspire and rally a team around a shared problem
• Confident decision making around Ui and UX design
Full time role, based in our London office.
Competitive salary or day rate.
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.