Join a team that’s tackling the hardest problems in the world’s most impactful new technology – quantum computing. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective quantum controls to suppress errors in their quantum hardware – combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
- Meet regularly with all stakeholders, including: customers, quantum research and engineering, software engineering, design, marketing and our Head of Product (who you’ll work with closest of all)
- Run workshops for new ideas and customer problems with your development team and other relevant stakeholders to craft features for development.
- Co-ordinate with Design and Quantum teams to get the required fidelity for the features/stories before the planning.
- Present your Product Backlog to the Development Team, ensuring they understand each item to the level needed, before asking them to estimate the effort to get each item done
- Use the Acceptance Criteria expressed as Scenarios above to test that new features have been developed as per your requirements
- Analyse customer data and feedback to prioritize the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions and to optimize the value of the work the Development Team performs
- Co-ordinate a go-to-market with newly developed features, including analytics setup, release notes, marketing copy and user help documentation is ready
- Use various means to track and analyze the success (or failure) of the features you’ve taken to customers then turn these insights into action
- You have at least two years experience in a product role
- You’re obsessed with optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximising return on investment
- You’re not a coder, but you’re able to understand the technology stack and most importantly understand the level of effort involved to get a Product Backlog item done
- You’re the voice of the user inside the business and you’re passionate about the user experience
- You embody Q-CTRL’s core values and you demonstrate them in your words and actions both internally and externally – you work to be real, trusted, just and revered
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your role and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- You care about how your attitude affects those around you – everything you do runs through this filter
- You are humble enough to bend to the will of the frameworks, technologies, constraints, and people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. In other words, you can play by someone else’s rules when that’s the best thing to do
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- You don’t mind being the one that looks bad – you make mistakes sometimes – you choose to fix them and learn from them
- You’re confident with a number of tools and approaches and you probably have some you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on them
- You’re a CSPO and/or PSPO
WHY JOIN Q-CTRL?
We’re a young company working in one of the most exciting and impactful areas of modern technology. Our team is composed of leaders in quantum science and product development and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. Q-CTRL is headquartered in WeWork Sydney, and if you work from our offices you’ll enjoy the vast amenities and events that are part of this amazing location. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity options
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you’re up to date on the latest developments
- This role is open to local candidates only
- If you’re applying for this role locally, you must have the right to work in Sydney, NSW, Australia
- No “Outsourcing”, “Offshoring”, “Nearshoring”, “Farshoring” or any other shoring – this is for individual candidates applying for a specific role – if you want to get in touch to let us know about your services please contact us