Sonos is looking for a successful, experienced software product manager to help us create the best wireless audio products in the world.
Sonos is the world’s leading provider of home wireless music systems. We deliver all the music on earth, all over your home with rock-solid wireless, and let you control it from every major OS platform. As the lead product manager responsible for delivering the setup and onboarding experience for Sonos, you are responsible for ensuring that Sonos is easy to set up and easy to use – it just works. This role would be out of our Santa Barbara, CA or Cambridge, MA offices.
• Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Sonos cross-platform hardware/app experiences, with a focus on adaptive/smart audio behavior; setting up, upgrading and configuring new and existing Sonos hardware products; and onboarding new Sonos owners and users.
• Communicate and build alignment around the product vision, and get to the right solutions by effectively leveraging the collective intelligence of your team and resources at hand.
• Coordinate with hardware product managers to define software initiatives needed to support new hardware product launches and the evolution of the existing product experience.
• Guide and prioritize the work of one or more software teams as an agile product owner, approve completed work, and ensure the end product meets your defined success criteria.
• Collaborate with other product teams, customer support, marketing leads, packaging and UX designers, writers and user researchers to ensure an outstanding, cohesive out-of-box experience across the entire Sonos ecosystem.
• Demonstrated experience as a cross-functional software product leader driving both ideation and execution of successful, delightful, and technically innovative products.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment, with a proven ability to build credibility, partnership and trust with product development and design teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts and the rationale behind your decisions to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a bias toward action.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly evaluate new ideas; understand complex technical concepts; and consider trade-offs and both short and long term impacts of your decisions.
• Background in user experience is a plus; a passion for creating great user experiences around consumer products, music and home audio is a must. • Ability to travel up to 25%.