Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Who are we? tutti.ch!
tutti.ch is an online classifieds site mainly for buying and selling used goods. It was launched 2010 by the Norwegian media house Schibsted, and acquired by Swiss media group Tamedia in 2015. With more than 12.5 million monthly visits, tutti.ch is the largest and fastest growing second-hand online marketplaces in Switzerland.
tutti.ch is a gang of 40+ highly motivated, fun loving and a**-kicking people of 16 different nationalities.
Are you passionate about great products that change people’s lives? Have you overcome the odds more than once in your personal and professional life? Do you have the battle scars to prove it? If you can answer those questions with a resounding yes, then you might be just the right person to become our next PM.
Working at tutti.ch means taking ownership from day one, and giving everything for our vision to “mainstream personal commerce”.
As one of the tutti.ch PMs you will take responsibility for one of our domains – such as seller experience, engagement funnel, web platform, etc. The PM is a central role in the tutti.ch setup, you are the grease to make sure the machine is running smoothly and does what it is intended to do.
As a member of the Tamedia crew you will also exchange with, learn from, and tackle opportunities with other portfolio companies from the Tamedia universe; such as Ricardo, Homegate, Jobs.ch, Starticket, Doodle, 20 Minutes, and many more.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Own and drive the product strategy for your domain(s)
- Prioritise what will get done, but more importantly what will not get done from a user, business and tech perspective
- Interact with our users to understand their needs and expectations
- Work hand in hand with people from customer happiness, data, design, engineering, marketing, sales, UX, etc.
- Inspire and motivate the people you work with
- Challenge the status quo and help the tutti.ch product, processes and people to become better every day
- Play an active role in driving the overall success of Tamedia
What we are looking for:
- You need to be proactive, self-reliant and self-organized
- You need to be pragmatic and solution-oriented
- You need to be an influential, motivating and inspirational leader
- You need to be fluent in English, both oral and written
- You need to be passionate about second-hand and marketplaces
- You need to be experienced in agile software development methodologies
- You need to feel comfortable being the point of contact for different stakeholders
- You should be experienced in managing web and mobile consumer products as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- You should have a solid technical understanding, especially of web, iOS and Android technologies
- You should have started a company or built your own product in the past
- You should have a track record of failures you have learned from
You might also need to:
- Learn snippets of Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Russian, Serbian and Turkish during and after work hours
- Run for 4 km, 9 km, 12 km or 18 km in the Zurich marathon (team run)
- Like dogs, as 3 furry team members might be roaming the office
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great office in the heart of Zurich, free flow of fresh fruit, a work from anywhere policy and numerous other benefits.
You’ll have more than 40 co-workers who’ve got brains, looks and infamous Nerf gun skills.
Last but not least, you’ll have the chance to work on one of the largest and fastest-growing online ventures in Switzerland which truly makes a difference in many Swiss people’s lives.
If you’re interested please apply and send us your CV in English, and a short cover letter explaining why you you’re the right fit for this position.