Do you want the opportunity to innovate with one of the best teams in Kansas City and dig into complex business problems? Our innovations team is growing, and we’re hiring a Product Manager. If you’re looking for a career where you will be empowered to have autonomy in your work and advance your product design skills, you’ve come to the right place.
Established in 2011, Artisan Technology Group has built a reputation for solving the most complex business challenges with innovation, quality, and creativity. We’ve assembled a world-class group of masters of their respective crafts that are capable of transforming any business through the use of leading-edge technologies. We are looking for individuals who would call themselves a product manager, product owner, or product designer to join our Solution Management team designing and building end-to-end turn-key solutions to problems.
About the team:
We develop solutions for our clients by identifying potential opportunities, conducting market research, generating solution requirements, and supporting the client’s go-to-market strategies. We drive the success of our solutions by helping clients define success metrics, performance criteria, and value realized. We guide our clients through the process of determining the strategic direction, vision, and scope of capabilities for the given solution, market or segment.
- Technology Leadership where collaboration and innovation are fostered
- A culture where every Artisan has the opportunity to lead, experiment, as well as, succeed and fail safely
- A focus on empowerment, integrity, community, and flexibility
- Opportunity to work with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platform
- A collaborative team committed to providing our clients with technical solutions to resolve complex business problems
- Ability to transform an industry
- Learning new things (every day!)
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business with coursework in computer science or similar experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Product Manager in a technology environment for SaaS, B2C or Enterprise Applications. Building custom solutions from scratch highly preferred.
- Management experience for native mobile apps (iOS and Android) as well as desktop/web-based applications.
- Experience driving discovery to uncover underlying problems and then designing and building unique software solutions to solve those problems. Ability to convert high-level strategy and mock-ups into actionable engineering stories.
- Intimate knowledge of the whole SDLC, including agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience writing requirements for a mobile software solution; experience writing enterprise-class software requirements, user stories and specifications
- Experience as a Software Project Manager in projects building from-scratch custom solutions.
- Familiarity with use case modeling and user-centered design, knowledge of writing functional, supplemental, and integration specifications, ability to write behavioral driven design.
- Ability to work on multiple development projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet adapting deadlines.
- Define, develop, and support solution vision through client executive interaction, market research, understanding of regulatory and accrediting agency guidelines, and 3rd party solution evaluations.
- Perform research through online exploration, client interviews, targeted end-users, and various stakeholders.
- Perform competitive product analysis to identify competing products and features.
- Drive clients’ product strategy, road-map and value proposition definitions.
- Identify solution needs and defines scope requirements to ensure it meets market needs, including best practice workflows, the scope of capabilities and visual design.
- Establish best practices to set priorities for development efforts based on alignment with business goals, strategic direction, voice-of-the-customer feedback, timelines, and client commitments.
- Maintain a clear and concise product backlog.
- Monitor and report on product team utilization, operate within project hour distributions and constraints and achieve adoption targets as defined by project/stakeholders.
- Effectively interface with cross-functional teams including providers, administrators, executives, program management and software development teams in the new product development process.
- Serve as product owner in an agile development process across several simultaneous software projects: define user stories, actively participate in the sprint process and manage cost, feature, and schedule trade-offs throughout the development cycle.
- Communicate to stakeholders upcoming and emerging functionality and provide internal and end-user training such as release notes, user guides, marketing collateral, workflow documentation, etc..
- Drive product validation initiatives, including beta tests and other user feedback processes to validate product functionality and add new requirements and updates back into development.