Simply Jobs Boards are the UK’s leading niche job board business with market leading sites operating in the Aviation, Automotive, Legal, Engineering and Sales industries across Europe, the Middle East and the US.
Due to exciting expansion plans to include operating courses and events business in addition to our job boards we are currently looking for Digital Product Manager to join our talented management team at our head office in Preston.
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for a set area of the business and all of the products that fall within that. You would be joining us at an exciting time, working alongside other members of the product team.
We want our products to deliver indispensable value to our customers. As a Product Manager, you’ll work alongside our Data, Design and Development teams to conceive and develop innovative products and features that help us achieve this.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp technical capabilities and translate them into customer benefits is crucial. You will be the expert in the platform, products, audience and buyers.
This will include (amongst other things and in collaboration with the Group business teams):
Researching the market to solve problems for our customers and enhance their experience with our brands
● Prioritising product development opportunities and requirements
● Overseeing development of products and updates – working with Scrum Masters
● Working with the Product Marketing team to plan and implement a marketing strategy, taking the product to the point where it can be successfully integrated with the business team
In more detail, you’ll be…
● Observing and analysing current products – are customers getting value?Are they hitting obstacles?
● Researching the new product/feature in greater depth: What are the customer needs? What’s it worth to a customer to have those needs solved?
● Planning the developments – what resource is needed, what are the costs, what are the timescales? From these questions, prioritising developments.
● Planning/speccing out the product itself: user experience planning, prototypes, mockups/wireframes, design briefs.
● Producing a timetable for taking the product to market
● Thoroughly testing the product: is it intuitive, does it make life easy for the user? Does it solve the problem we set out to solve?
● Collecting feedback and analysing data after launch to inform later iterations of the product. This might include, for example, accompaniments with salespeople, listening to sales calls etc.
Necessary Skills & Desired Characteristics
● Ability to relate to the customer
● Element of analytical skill – ability to take insights from data
● Attention to detail
● Natural inquisitiveness/curiosity, particularly when it comes to new technologies or solutions
● Creativity and an open mind to test new concepts and ideas
Why work for Simply?
● Up to £30k basic (dependent on experience)
● 25 Days holiday
● Company Pension
● Gym Membership
● Discounts with cinemas, major retailers, family days out and much more