This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital professional to join the digital channel management team – responsible for defining, delivering and monitoring the strategic utilisation of key digital platforms including email, web, mobile applications, digital advertising, and social media.
With a proven track record in the use of digital technologies you will be using your expertise in digital media to develop institutional strategies, contributing to roadmaps, and forming recommendations for best practice. You will contribute to monitoring the effectiveness of specific channels and provide insight and advice on performance indicators and targets.
Having a passion for digital media technologies, you will play a key role in supporting the development of an integrated platform strategy that will enable enjoyable and relevant engagement throughout the student lifecycle.
You will draw upon your understanding of digital product development processes to influence the functionality and roadmaps of enabling tools and technology in order to meet operational requirements and drive innovation. This may include the development of our website and mobile applications, content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
As a team player, you will live the External Relations values of collaboration, innovation, integrity, professionalism, respectfulness and supportiveness. You will build strong relationships with colleagues across the institution and offer advice on digital platforms using your experience to identify opportunities and drive take up. You will also work with a range of external suppliers; evaluating potential products and services, and working with them to deliver upon contractual agreements.
With your finger on the pulse you will proactively identify new technologies and emerging best practice in the sector and beyond, taking every opportunity to share insight across the university and help maintain our reputation as a market leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a range of digital media channels and embed digital approaches to marketing and communications across the university.
• Lead user discovery to prioritise user needs in backlogs and roadmaps, transforming digital channels through iterative delivery
• Contribute to roadmaps for key digital channels with clear prioritisation and objectives
• Act as Product Owner across digital platforms and channels, working closely with colleagues in IT and external suppliers to develop new functionality
• Monitor and evaluate the use of key social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Linked In, Snap Chat and Instagram) and other digital platforms.
• Identify priority channels and proactively contribute to iterative digital and social media strategies for the University.
• Define and monitor KPI’s (and associated KPT’s) for prioritised digital channels.
• Work with content teams to contribute to the definition of rules of engagement and associated style guides.
• Work with teams across the university to develop and support the use of digital media channels, leading groups of Super Users to develop cohesive communities of practice
• Champion a user-focused approach across our digital channels, delivering a digital platform strategy that provides students and other stakeholders with a consistent, joined up and enjoyable user experience.
• Develop roadmaps with clear prioritisation and objectives
• Monitor channel usage statistics and respond to any issues that emerge from this data
• Develop a close working relationship with enabling and dependent departments across the university including IT Services and content authoring communities.
• Continually explore opportunities to improve communication and engagement through digital innovations throughout the student lifecycle.
• Take a lead in developing and implementing digital innovations that support the wider strategic aims of the University
• Proactively offer ideas and advice to develop and improve the way we deliver content
• Explore how digital approaches could improve research promotion
• Consider how digital approaches could improve engagement with current students
• Evaluate new platforms and channels, providing recommendations on how they should be utilised to establish and maintain competitive advantage.
• Leverage the existing CRM system in order to drive improvements in personalisation and engagement, throughout the student lifecycle.
• Proactively identify and evaluate emerging best practice within HE sector and beyond.
• Develop a close working relationship with key stakeholders across the University.
• Lead discussions and work closely with IT colleagues in order to identify, evaluate and implement appropriate technology solutions in order to best achieve strategic ambitions.
• Manage relationships with external suppliers efficiently and effectively, maximising the return on investment.
• Provide guidance and support for marketing teams in defining segmentation needs and evaluating success.
• Knowledge and experience of managing digital platforms (e.g. web, mobile, social media, digital advertising, SEO, CRM, customer segmentation)
• Excellent organisational skills with real attention to deadlines and detail.
• Outstanding relationship building skills including the ability to develop close working relationships and build the trust of colleagues across the University
• Awareness of Agile software development, and an understanding of Prince 2
• Highly confident and experienced in the use of digital technology
• A high standard of written and oral communication
• An analytical mind set with a creative, innovative approach to problem solving
• A persuasive manner with an ability to respond to others views and opinions
• A team player but also someone who can work independently when required
• Experience in the delivery of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
• An understanding of digital product development processes.
• A passion for technological innovation and awareness of global trends in digital media technology.
• Experience of delivering digital initiatives that have had measurable outcomes.
• Experience of using digital platforms to proactively engage with multiple different audiences
• Experience of utilising CRM tools to improve engagement and loyalty.
• Experience of managing productive relationships with a range of external suppliers
• Strong presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise and simplify stakeholder requirements
• Experience of making decisions by assessing analytics data, user research and stakeholder requirements.
• Experience of a range of content management systems and customer relationship management tools.
• Understanding of applicable digital legislation (eg GDPR, Accessibility)
• Experience of working in complex organisations with a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate others and build effective and trusting partnerships.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver to targets
• Ideally, a passion for learning and an understanding of Higher Education.