SWT Software are looking for a UX focussed product designer to join our product team and help to expand and improve The ShopWorks (our workforce management platform), and grow fastPAYE (our fintech staff payment disruptor product).
Shopworks is rapidly expanding as a result of the growth in the workforce management market and our success in winning some great enterprise customers. See who we work with here.
We create bespoke workforce management and staff scheduling solutions for operators in the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors. We provide this via a cloud based, SAAS model and are now on version 3 of our platform, which has evolved to efficiently deal with the demands of a “bespoke SAAS” model.
fastPAYE is a fintech product that allows staff to be paid their earnings before payday. Our aim is to disrupt the payday loan market, reduce the cycle of spiralling debt and increase people’s financial stability.
Requiring payroll information to know how much a staff member can request, fastPAYE is the perfect partner to The ShopWorks.
About the company:
To enable our ambitious growth goals for the next 1-5 years, we have a friendly and supportive culture (learn more here). You can expect nights out, team lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and games of pool.
We are based in Farringdon, Central London and we think SWT Software is a great place to work.
Our products are built using proven technologies and patterns, such as React, PHP, Laravel, TDD, Continuous integration, RESTful APIs and integrations with third party services.
We are looking for strong, team players to become the future leaders of the Product team as we grow and guide the company to a “User first” mentality.
There are no two ways about it, workforce management is a complex and technical problem to solve, but that just makes it more rewarding when we deliver solutions!
Reporting to the Head of Product and working closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers you will need to ensure your ideas are communicated effectively and achievable. We are striving for a “think big, release small” mentality, and so you will need to break down your big ideas into progressive releases, always focussing on delivering maximum value to the user in the quickest time.
The product team gets a lot of requests for features, and so it is our responsibility to manage expectations, push back against demands when relevant and understand the root problem before we start considering solutions. You will need to be a master at eliciting requirements from all stakeholders, internal and external and creating simple interfaces and experiences that provide solutions to what users need.
- Own the UX product design streams across all facets of multiple products
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers & developers throughout the product lifecycle
- Drive user research – conduct research, user testing & workshops
- Share your UX knowledge with your team & drive UX thinking throughout the company
- Experienced hands-on UX Designer
- Experience creating lo/hi fidelity wireframes and rapid prototypes – we currently use Sketch, Framer-X, Zeplin and of course: pen and paper
- Experience mentoring stakeholders of all types and levels of expertise in best practice
- Passion for solving complex problems across multiple domains (as shown on portfolio)
- Confidence liaising with C-suite level stakeholders
- Experience working collaboratively with developers, product manager etc.
If you’re interested, then please send us:
- your CV,
- details of why you think you would be a good fit, and
- your salary expectations.