Senior Product Manager
Operations / Digital Product
Head of Product – Retail & Omnichannel
Here East, London
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be an expert in Retail and Omnichannel product, with an excellent level of knowledge from both a customer and business stakeholder perspective, combined with a strong understanding of technology, systems and platforms needed to deliver a data-led strategy and roadmaps to produce a market leading customer experience. Owning and driving the roadmaps for GVC brands for all retail and omnichannel products in the suite, including SSBT, EPOS, Display, Gantry and mobile products.
The candidate will work closely with the Exec team and senior stakeholders across retail and digital to develop requirements aligned to the business vision, overseeing product strategy and roadmap prioritisation.
The candidate should be instrumental in growing our retail and omnichannel business though offering our customers a best in class product experience aligned with driving business KPIs.
● Owning and driving multiple product roadmaps and collaborating and working closely with Exec teams.
● An expert in the end-to-end products that drive the Retail and Omnichannel experience in GVC brands and an ability to deliver product strategy to support that vision.
● A complete functional understanding of the systems and platforms required to facilitate the end to end customer experience.
● Passion for product; specifically Self Service Betting Terminals, mobile / web product features, UX/UI, development and innovation and managing business analysts, architects, design, UX teams to deliver against Retail and Omnichannel roadmaps.
● Close understanding of customer’s needs across GVC Retail and Omnichannel solutions.
● Working with stakeholders to understand business drivers, owning the product strategy and contributing to the production of an overall product roadmap that aims to deliver on the key GVC Group business strategy and goals.
● Developping business cases to demonstrate the benefits of the roadmap and measure subsequent level of success through predetermined KPIs.
● Keen ability to translate business needs into high-level stories/requirements for new to market features & drive incremental delivery of these features in conjunction with the wider delivery teams.
● Overseeing internal and external development partners to clarify development requirements and to drive development in an Agile environment.
● Overseeing of the internal testing team to ensure features are delivered as expected. This will include user-acceptance testing of new developments.
● Regular Interaction with key business areas related to Retail and Omnichannel including marketing, content, data management, CRM and trading as new features and ideas impact on those areas. Alignment and stakeholder management is required for Sportsbook, Gaming, Marketing, CRM, Trading, Fraud, Finance & Research departments.
● Research, define, recommend and implement digital specific innovation across the customer experience.
● Seeking input from external and internal stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and sector best practice.
● Ensuring Programme and Technology management (and other relevant stakeholders) are kept well informed of the status of delivery and benefits realization.
● Awareness of regulatory environment and the associated impact on the product and customer experience.
● Working with delivery teams to ensure delivery processes are continuously evaluated and improved to drive optimal efficiency in order to deliver an industry leading Retail and Omnichannel product.
● Line management skills required and an ability to deputize for Head of Product where necessary.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
· Degree or Masters in a business or technology discipline is essential
· Safe or Agile qualification preferred
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
● Product management experience essential
● Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
● Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, Executives, Directors and Heads of Department.
● Strong relationship building skills
● Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods
● Experience of working with UI/UX teams to produce high quality artefacts as part of the product process
● Problem solving, technical knowledge for solutioning.
● Managing sprint teams in an Agile framework.
● Experience in defining business requirements in the context of software and application development from a customer viewpoint.