Howler is looking for an enthusiastic product designer with a passion for user interfaces, user experiences and design to join the product team.
You’ll be responsible for designing delightful user experiences, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and creating user interfaces that solve real world problems.
The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with others to craft the perfect product, and leverage interaction, UI, and visual design to do the best work.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics.
- Experience with prototyping and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond.
- Ability to take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UIs.
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or other vector design tool.
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant mobile design work that you’re proud to share with us.
- You have excellent ability in written communication, with great vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills.
- You know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in an agile team.
- You are able to work independently and are confident enough to thrive without continuous management.
- An interest in the events industry is important to empathise with our customers. You should enjoy being social and have a passion for fun.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating ideas into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Work in our multidisciplinary product team and collaborate with the product manager, stakeholders, developers and management in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with management, development, product success and customer support teams to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process
- Design and prototype elegant and highly useful flows and experiences across multiple media
- Create user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process.
- Collaborate with the product owner and developers to conceptualise, document, design and develop new product concepts.
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with developers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
- Work with development team to help translate designs into a consistent UI framework.