As we continue to shake up the investment world, Nutmeg is looking for smart, curious people experienced in product development who are passionate about building fantastic user-centric and commercially viable online and mobile investment solutions.
Your main responsibilities will involve managing a backlog and release roadmap for your domain, being an expert in the functional and business requirements for your domain, and driving the successful execution of complex cross-domain initiatives. As a member of the Product team, you’ll contribute to the generation and discovery of innovative new ideas that can improve our customer experience, increase revenue, decrease business risk, or improve operational efficiency. You’ll be a key link between various business departments including Operations, Marketing and Engineering teams. You’ll be fully accountable for the successful definition and delivery of your products and how they perform against agreed KPIs.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring Nutmeg maintains its market leading position, carries on disrupting the world on online investing, whilst delivering a safe and secure product for its customers that they can entirely trust.
What you’ll need to do:
- Become an expert on your domain. Work with colleagues from across Nutmeg, especially Operations and Engineering, to ensure that your domain is sufficiently documented and understood by the engineers in your team. Improve understanding further by generating quantitative and qualitative insights from usage data analysis.
- Take responsibility for the product lifecycle, from ideation and discovery through to requirements gathering, delivery and testing, working within established agile frameworks.
Manage the release roadmap and backlog for your domain. Create clear and detailed front end and back end epics and user stories and prioritise ruthlessly.
- Communicate requirements effectively, and respond to problems responsibly, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Become the voice of the customer; continuously develop a deep understanding of how users interact with Nutmeg and use these learnings to build great products they’ll love.
Demonstrate commercial acumen by building business cases that define the product’s success criteria (growth, efficiency or risk).
- Communicate release targets, key milestone achievements, and team updates across the business.
- Strive to continuously develop knowledge and understanding of best practices within the product management discipline and how this may be applied to your work.
Interaction with Engineering
- Lead and inspire your agile team to success without being their line manager.
- Build trust and respect within your team and across the whole Product and Engineering departments.
Run your team through iterative discovery and delivery sprint cycles.
- Participate in agile ceremonies: daily stand-ups, planning meetings, retrospectives.
- Balance business and technical objectives and translate these as clear priorities for the Engineering team.
- Collaborate with testers and developers to ensure set tasks are delivered.
- Ensure that your level of technical knowledge is sufficient to converse with engineers and be able to translate this into layman’s terms for the rest of the business.
- Support and motivate your team with clear and achievable deliverables. While you are not in charge of designing technical solutions, it is your responsibility to define expected business outcomes.
Interaction with Stakeholders
- Create and maintain a positive working environment by building strong relationships with teams and management.
- Manage Nutmeg’s relationships with any external stakeholders that have a key relationship with your domain, including developing a deep understanding of their services (including APIs and SLAs) to ensure our integrations and partnerships are successful.
- Be an escalation point – always acting in the interests of our customers while balancing the needs of each department.
- Be the glue among departments and create shared understanding by translating ideas and concepts into technical or layman’s terms.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive product management experience in a customer-focused organisation.
- Experience working in an agile environment, ideally in a high-growth technology company.
- Very strong bias to action.
- Clear and structured written and verbal communication.
Experience of effectively managing a diverse range of internal stakeholder (e.g. Operations, Customer Support, Compliance) and external stakeholders (e.g. integration partners, service providers, regulators, HMRC).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience in Financial Services or another regulated industry is a plus.
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?