Hi, we’re Treatwell.
At Treatwell, we’re changing the way people book hair & beauty treatments. With over 20,000 Partner salons, processing 1 million orders per month and operating across 11 countries, we’re the biggest platform in Europe doing it.
We currently employ over 500 brilliantly-talented people from the UK right through to Lithuania. Together, we’re on a mission to digitise the industry, putting customers and salon managers in control. Right now, only 5% of people book hair & beauty online, our mission is to change that; connecting consumers with the right experts anytime, from anywhere.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Product Designer to help us achieve our vision to make the perfect hair & beauty booking service. Being one of the few players in the market across Europe brings its own challenges. Sometimes our business and user problems are known, sometimes they aren’t.
Here in the Treatwell Product Design Team, we’re creating a brilliantly useful user experience that helps Treatwell grow as a business, and keeps our customers coming back (to use it again). Each designer is part of a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Analysts and Engineers tackling customer-centric challenges. We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Internal Tools team.
In Internal Tools, we want to be known for, and proud of, the experience we deliver, so you’ll need to consider this upon every interaction you design. We are on a mission to enable Treatwellers to make our customers and Partners glow – one delightful interaction at a time.
The team caters to a wide range of end users – from Marketing to Customer Experience, Tech to Content, and everything in between. We take great care in getting to know all of these users intimately, identifying solutions for problems they didn’t know they had.
Additionally, we are building a frictionless sign up flow for salons looking to partner up with Treatwell.
Our design process offers exploration and empowerment – combining research, prototyping, and user testing; coupled with your experience and intuition, to find the right customer-centric solutions. Nothing’s ever ‘done’ – we ship early, and follow up with insights and A/B testing, to iterate and refine. We design in Sketch, share on InVision, and prototype in Principle. We use Abstract to manage our design files and maintain consistency across our ecosystem of products through a Design System of principles, toolkits and shared libraries – you’ll be an active contributor of this.
You’ll work alongside other Product Designers to contribute and shape Treatwell’s design system, patterns, tools and processes. No Treatwell product operates in isolation, and so you will constantly collaborate with designers and stakeholders across the business to meet their particular needs and ensure a consistent online and offline experience.
We want every Treatwell team member to be courageous, open and driven. Above all, we value your mindset, experiences and approach to your work. This is a list of areas we consider valuable to the role, but we don’t expect you to have experience in all of them:
- You have a genuine interest in users and their requirements
- You’re comfortable running workshops and user research sessions, on location with international stakeholders and users
- You have Experience taking new features, ideas or business challenges from inception to delivery, with the ability to validate and iterate as part of the process
- You are proactive in problem solving, identifying and championing new concepts or improvements
- You are comfortable justifying and advocating design choices to a wide group of stakeholders
- You work comfortably both in a cross-functional agile team and independently
- You have experience with Design Systems
- You appreciate the value of copy and incorporate a keen attention to content throughout the whole design process
- You’ll also have an interest in other design elements such as branding, motion and interaction design, illustration or icon design
What we hope to see in your portfolio
- Experience designing multiple digital products at scale
- Thinking analytically about business and customer problems
- Demonstrate how you’ve used both research and data to solve the problem
- An understanding of mobile-first and responsive web design
- Attention to detail and care in your craft
- Simplifying complexity
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Holiday Policy
- Free monthly £50 Treatwell vouchers
- Funds for attending conferences and training
- Benefits platform offering childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, high street discounts and more
- Enhanced parental pay & leave policy
- Wellness fund towards group employee fitness activities
- Fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast, fruit and barista coffee
- Friday social event every week
- Most importantly the opportunity to work alongside a talented entrepreneurial team in the heart of London (WC1V)
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes every body to the team. People of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, neurodiverse people, individuals with impairments and parents are encouraged to apply. We encourage you to notify our team of your pronouns at any stage of your application.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.