Service Designer – Pulse
On a mission to help every small business succeed
We believe small businesses make the world go round. They create jobs, build communities, are the core of our economy, and enrich our culture. But it’s too hard; they are not just expected to be passionate, hardworking entrepreneurs. They are also expected to quickly understand the complexities of their financial data to make crucial business decisions every day.
We are here to do the difficult task of simplifying this problem. We are using data science combined with an amazing user experience to empower every small business make better business decisions.
We are combining the pace and entrepreneurial spirit of a technology start-up with the backing of a 150-year-old institution.
We want to be known for helping every small business succeed. Interested?
Pulse is looking for a Senior Service Designer help us launch a new business. We are seeking somebody, adventurous and passionate about delivering on our mission to help every small business succeed.
At Pulse, the role of a Service Designer is to design experiences that reach small businesses through many different touch points that happen over time. Underneath each and every service you help Pulse create will be a robust service system that makes it a reality. We’re humble here – the whole team benefits from great Service Design in Pulse. We know the positive impact it can have on our product, business model, commercial strategy and the value we create in society.
We’re just getting started building Pulse, and we’re moving fast. Joining now will mean you can help us do the right things to meet our mission and define how we achieve that mission as a team. Your knowledge to bring together great product experience with business model viability will be critical for the mission.
We’ll be looking for your best ideas and energy to make that happen. We’re backed by one of the largest banks in the world, but backed by doesn’t mean controlled by.
We’re building their first ever data business from scratch and challenging anything we need to change to make the business a success – you’ll be leading and representing the way we do things, and why we do it that way. You won’t need to know financial services, you’ll be experienced in breaking down barriers, operating with a venture building mindset and in turn further developing a self-sustaining and resilient agile culture within our team.
In this role, you will:
- Integrate what we are building into coherent user journeys and service blueprints
- Work across product, commercial and growth teams to design interactions that meet our customer’s needs and strengthen our business model
- Be a practitioner of great facilitation, champion service design as a capability and create the foundation of our service design discipline
- Synthesise user insights, market data and global trends – and turn them into great user experiences
- A great sense of aesthetics and how to tell a story visually. An ability to make beautiful and clear digital artefacts is essential.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in UX design in house or agency and more recently in Service Design
- Experience producing high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes and blueprints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills you will also be comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences from senior management through to data scientists
- Strong portfolio representing your highlights in service design, UX insights and a user-centred approach that has led to measurable outcomes for your client or business
- A background in building and shipping product (financial services experience not required)
The base location for this role is WeWork Waterloo, York Road, London.