The Sense team is seeking a passionate product manager to work with our strategic partners to bring the award-winning Sense home energy app and experience to new customers, new markets, and new hardware platforms. We want Sense to be available in every home, and to get there, Sense should be available both through our consumer product but also as software running on existing energy infrastructure in the home. As product manager you will be instrumental in helping us realize this vision. You will work with our partners to bring Sense to new platforms and develop new experiences made possible by those partners. You will be responsible for every step of the product life cycle from requirements to post-launch analysis, working with our partners to drive new features and product development.
- Own delivery of the Sense product through our strategic partners
- Discover, prioritize, and write requirements for new product features
- Work with our partners to identify new market opportunities and manage the partner product roadmap
- Lead the full product lifecycle: discovery, research, design, development, launch, and iteration
- Advocate for our users and partners, deeply understand their needs and pain points, and guide the roadmap accordingly
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with focus on metrics-driven action
- Passion for UX and building products that customers love
- Ability to distill high level objectives and market feedback into clear, detailed product roadmaps and definitions
- Consulting or client-facing work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excitement for and the ability to thrive in high growth, rapidly changing environments
Nice to haves
- Consumer, mobile, or hardware product management experience
- MBA or similar graduate business degree
Sense is shipping consumer hardware and mobile/web applications to help people understand their home energy consumption, see what’s going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. We’re serious about having a real impact on climate change.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world
- Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed consumer startup that’s doing big things:
- “One of the world’s top 100 AI companies” – VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year – New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire – BostInno
- Top 100 – Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology – AI Dev World
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved
- Competitive compensation and benefits, headphone allowance, and other perks
- Flexible hours/WFH policy
- A great office in Central Square right by the Red Line
Please note we are not currently considering remote candidates for this position.