Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to help us provide affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You’ll drive changes to our technology products, with an initial focus on our SAT and ACT exams, in order to grow our student base, and ultimately help more students achieve their target score.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $150,500 – $168,500 depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Conduct market research, analyze behavioral data, and talk with students to understand their needs
- Design and roll out experiments in order to test key assumptions
- Determine product improvement and work with design contractors to prototype and test new ideas
- Work closely with Engineering to coordinate development and clearly communicate the vision and motivation behind new features
- Partner with our content team to develop engaging and effective experiences
- Own the metrics that will measure success; define and monitor the leading indicators that will lead your team to it
- Have experience building product features that have increased the number of users, retention/engagement, or net promoter score (NPS)
- Have experience working in a scrappy and entrepreneurial environment
- Have experience leading product changes at an early-stage consumer-facing web or mobile product
- Have experience using MVPs and experiments to learn quickly and inform next steps
- Have a drive to effect change and remove barriers within education
- Have clear and conversational communication, both in writing and in person
- Have capacity with spreadsheets, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and/or SQL
Extra credit if you…
- Have hands-on experience in UX design, copywriting, or experiment design
- Have teaching experience or have worked in education
- Have taken two or more major standardized tests and understand test-taking strategies
- Have experience working with English language learners or learned English as a second language
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.