Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car rental reservation agency – arranging over 6 million rentals a year in more than 28,000 locations worldwide.
As a part of Priceline Group we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world’s leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Agoda, Kayak and OpenTable. The Priceline Group is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: PCLN) and was ranked in Fortune’s 7 fastest growing technology companies in 2014 as well as being one of Fortun’es most admired technology companies.
We are looking for and enthusiastic and motivated Product Owner to join our Front End team. As an eCommerce Product Owner you will in charge of development of web projects, primarily focusing on improving conversion, customer experience and retention. You will work alongside designers, developers and analysts to test improvements to existing web functionality, design and flow as well as to suggest new functionality for development.
• Manage the full life-cycle of customer facing web development projects from conception and validation through to launch and continuous improvement
• Investigate customer behaviour on the site in conjunction with analysts, other product owners and other departments to identify potential areas of improvement
• Own the product roadmap and backlog, prioritising work and releases
• Propose new features as well as improvements to existing features that will have high commercial impact
• Communicate and sell ideas clearly – this role is cross-functional by definition
• Liaise with designers and developers to realise these features
• Ensure everything that goes out to our customers is of the highest quality
• Monitor and analyse the impact of these features using web analytics, user feedback and internal monitoring systems
• Understand and investigate why features have not had the desired impact on customer behaviour
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a web-based company – preferably e-commerce/travel
• Strong commercial and customer focus
• Experience of AB Testing or MVT
• Understanding of web analytics metrics and concepts
• Excellent communication, prioritisation and time management skill
• Experience of multilingual web sites with high numbers of concurrent users
• Experience of mobile development
• Experience of User Centred Design processes
• Ability to use SQL
• Day-to-day product development within an AGILE environment
• Wireframing / prototyping abilities – able to communicate ideas to both development and design teams
• You are passionate for and have a good understanding of new technology and digital trends
• You have a data driven and results focused approach
• You are detail focused and can plan well; you will look ahead, raise issues, provide solutions, and hit deadlines.
• Very strong communicator that demonstrates strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
• Proactive and resourceful, this is a role with autonomy and accountability
If this is a role that you are interested in please feel free to submit a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com