As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive and communicate the overall Global Platform strategy and vision with business partners, with internal and external stakeholders and within the wider team. You’ll be passionate about the user experience, delivering a useful and usable product that provides a delightful customer experience in alignment with CX principles. We are looking for applicants that will encourage entrepreneurial behaviour and can think big!
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be responsible for all elements of proposition development and delivery – including planning, user case creation, user experience design, business case development
- You’ll work in a senior capacity, utilising significant data and research into product and proposition design so that products and services can be continuously iterated and refined
- You’ll drive strategic decisions in the development of useful and usable products that provide a delightful customer experience and open up new revenue streams for the business
- You’ll run the design process, understand research techniques, design patterns, service design, listen actively to user feedback to constantly iterate on product and experience
- You’ll be responsible for influencing the tech stack, data model, APIs, platform and system architecture
- You’ll challenge limitations; push tech-enabled possibilities and make complex judgments and recommendations that will impact the business
What we’re looking for:
- Product or proposition development experience gained in a complex Financial Services environment
- Proficiency in evaluating economic, market and customer trends affecting the Business and its Customers
- Ownership and management of cost centre experience, including an understanding of business case development and accounting
- Knowledge of online and/or mobile services, capabilities and trends
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Specific proposition development and delivery experience within planning, user case creation, user experience design and business case development
- Market awareness including business models and offerings of other banks, Fin-Tech and tech companies
- The ability to think analytically, to interpret and define problems and develop innovative solutions which is shared to the wider team
- A strong commercial perspective – an understanding of Product strategy and the commercial consequences of proposition, with the ability to communicate this to stakeholders
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.