Product Owner – Newly Diagnosed
35 hours a week
Contract: fixed term 18 months
£38,500 per annum
Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed, struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson’s can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson’s – a brain condition that can turn lives upside down. It gets worse over time and there’s no cure. Yet.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we’re here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson’s UK. Powered by people. Together we’ll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual, experienced in service delivery and passionate about making a difference to the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s.
You’ll be joining a large multi-disciplinary and co-located team dedicated to developing a new personalised information and support service pathway for people affected by Parkinson’s from the moment of diagnosis.
This project is fast-paced, hugely ambitious and we need someone to be in the driving seat to design and develop a brand-new product proposition for people that have recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
You’ll research it, validate it, test it and then scale your product using service design and Lean methodology.
What you’ll do
● Define a new product vision aligned to strategic aims for people with a new diagnosis of Parkinson’s.
● Work as a core part of a service design team to develop and deploy the product, taking a test and learn approach.
● Use best practice approaches and establish clear governance structures to deliver an evidence based approach.
● Working as part of a fast-paced team to research user needs and make data and insight driven decisions.
What you’ll bring
● Solution focused, insight driven and organised approach.
● Experience of developing products or services from conception to delivery and committed to involving users in the process.
● Excellent project management skills.
● A strong communicator, able to engage and captivate with colleagues and service users and great with people.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Whilst the role is based in our London offices, we can consider some flexibility to work from home.
Parkinson’s UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.