n a short period of time, Blue Motor Finance have become one of the UK’s leading Fintech companies, lending over £1.2bn to more than 120,000 customers to date. Remarkable growth has led to us being ranked 1st in the Financial Times’ FT1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2019.
We provide our partners with the best-in-class service with a relentless focus on technological innovation, risk management and the highest standards of regulatory compliance. We are one of the most flexible and advanced direct lenders in the market, offering competitive finance packages, quick decisions and reduced administration time, coupled with our innovative customer proposition.
We’re looking for an intelligent and pragmatic Product Manager who is passionate about delivering high quality products. You’ll be working on multiple internal and customer facing products, touching all areas of our business as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
You might well have some previous product management experience, or you might have experience in a related role. You will however share our values, so if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you…
- Smart, curious and driven to always be learning.
- Naturally collaborative and relish working alongside a wide mix of people.
- Focussed on building products which delight and make people happy.
- Passionate about delivering the best possible outcome for everyone.
- Always wondering whether there is a better way to do things.
- Naturally put the customer at the centre, giving great customer service.
- Excellent at organisation and planning.
- A natural at multi-tasking and context switching.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with a broad spectrum of people.
- Quickly form productive and effective relationships.
- Not afraid of taking ownership and responsibility.
- Take ownership of existing and new products and features.
- Analyse how people are using our products, using both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Help define our product strategy by gathering data and feedback from multiple sources (our customers, dealers, stakeholders, industry sources etc. etc.)
- Manage product backlogs and roadmaps in-line with the product strategy.
- Act as the voice of the user, champion user insight driven product development.
- Work closely with our technical teams to figure out what’s possible.
- Produce user stories, map out user journeys and build wireframes for new features.
- Be on hand to answer any product queries that come up during development.
- Get involved with QA and validating that product changes are implemented as expected.
- Implement and monitor metrics so that we can judge if a product change is successful.
- Actively monitor the broader market across technology and business to inform product direction.
Experience and Skills
- 2-5 Years’ experience in a product or related role.
- Practical knowledge of the product lifecycle and development techniques
- Understanding of agile development practices (and their pros and cons!)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, pragmatic and collaborative.
- Bonus points for experience in the financial services sector (even more for car finance).