As Head of Product Management, you will lead a team of Product Managers/Senior Managers by example through leadership and new ideas. You will own and drive the communication of the overall Global Platform strategy and vision with business partners, stakeholders internally and externally as well as the wider team. An integral part of your ole will be driving the development life cycle and testing/getting the concepts to live.
What will you be doing?
- Driving performance and income for a portfolio of services and manage all product developments through a commercial lens
- Defining pricing models for new services based on merchant economics, competition and customer data/insights
- Working cross-functionally with a range of senior stakeholders, solving problems, influencing stakeholders and clearly explaining the benefits and risks of a given proposal
- Responsible for the overall proposition development and delivery including, planning, user case creation, user experience, design, and commercial management
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding of customer centric design techniques
- Market understanding including business models and offering of other the banks, fintech and tech companies
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking, challenge the status quo and drive beneficial process improvements
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Extensive Understanding of the Payments & Cards landscape and innovations in the space
- Knowledge of the development, treatment and application of Brand principles.
- Technical knowledge of building of Payment gateways / SDKs / APIs
- Experience of working in a highly regulated market with exposure to operational risk management
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.