UK schools spend over £1.3bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient — everything is paper and phone-call based.
We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. In the process we’ll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors, have had significant early traction, and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London’s most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee, you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
What we are looking for
- A top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Growth mindset – dedicated to improving your skills as a professional
- Passion for building great products and companies that have a positive social impact
- Strong bias to action
What you’ll be doing
- Shape the product roadmap for key projects
- Run an agile delivery team with both design and engineering to deliver high-quality projects
- Conduct open-ended customer research with both teachers and schools to inform what we should build
- Run user tests with prototypes and the live service to find areas for improvement and refine designs
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather and define requirements
- Define and report on key metrics for projects
- Communicate the product roadmap with the internal team and to our customers working with marketing
- Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
What’s in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company
- 25 days of holiday
- Convenient Central London office with perks like fresh fruit, yoga classes, bike parking, showers and an on-site gym and café
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Prior experience leading product teams or building products or businesses
- Strong qualitative customer research skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills in data collection and analysis
- Knowledge of, or experience with, agile product delivery
- Bonus points: design or coding experience