We have Director/Senior Product Manager openings in offices around the world – San Francisco, London, Newcastle, Manchester, Paris, Atlanta, Barcelona.
In the frame of expanding its position as the global partner for SMEs, Sage is globalising its functions. One of the key areas is to envision and build the market’s best cloud and mobile products. To be successful in that mission, we are looking for product managers who have the vision, creativity, drive and determination to win in the market.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for defining and leading the execution of best-in-market product. Our mission is to win in the market with the world’s best products, marketing and channels.
Sage Live is the first real-time, integrated accounting solution designed to help small and medium sized businesses spend less time managing and more time growing. Providing them with a fully customisable experience and, in time, a rich variety of apps we aim to give the small business owner a fully mobile experience that will revolutionise the way we work and communicate.
The product manager will invent the future. They will work alone but critically with the other product managers, product marketing managers, customers, prospects, partners, thought leaders, UX designers and developers to create designs, workflows and functionality that will delight our customers, enabling them to onboard and manage Cloud customers. This role is the opportunity for a driven individual to enable Cloud products to leapfrog the competition and build the future.
We must achieve the highest NPS and recommendation of all vendors in the market. We must delight customers with apps they don’t know they need yet. This is our opportunity to be the best, beyond our imagination..
• Create compelling product vision in line with the global Sage Live strategy and vision, with a focus on Europe
• Define product requirements specific to the UK and mainland Europe
• Communicate product requirements and rationale with all stakeholders in particular R&D/technology, product marketing, marketing, channel managers, finance, FP&A, country commercial leads, executives
• Support the voice and the mission of the product inside and outside Sage, outside to include press, analysts, customers and partners/accountants, and conference/industry event communications (in collaboration with marketing)
• Create, maintain and communicate product roadmaps on a monthly basis to all internal stakeholders
• Adopt rigor in all activity including use of tools, processes and methodologies
• Act as product owner within the team, perform daily stand-ups and debriefs (Agile methodology)
• Ensure products are 100% compliant for all markets
• Balance competitive advantage, customer need and pure innovation
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Significant commercial experience in a similar or relevant role
• Significant experience in and knowledge of the software industry
• Experience Basic knowledge of the classical product management philosophy
• Experience of agile/lean product management principals
• Interest in technology including Clouds, Social, Mobile and Analytics in both B2B and B2C space
• A prior history of working well with internal and external stakeholders including executives, peers, customers, and partners
• Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Creativity and believing in the art of the possible
• Cloud, usability, accounting, accountants, strategic partnerships: good knowledge
• Balancing must-have requirements with timelines
• Listening, probing and interpreting needs of various stakeholders
• Conceptual and strategic thinking
• Design acumen
• Stakeholder management across the organisation
• Objection handling
• Customer/partner listening and engagement
• Presenting and media interaction
• Agile methodology
• Road mapping
• Requirements management
• Design, iteration, mock-ups
• Multi-touch communication (From QA to analysts to the CEO to customers)
• Experience and expertise with Salesforce; preferably in implementation or product management
• Knowledge of Payroll and/or Payments
• Knowledge of CRM
Flexible – Newcastle or Dublin preferred.