Lead a high-growth team to build a B2B SaaS product that clients love
CB Insights has grown quickly by focusing on clients. We do this by building products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data.
With a massive market ahead and a fast-growing team, we want to add a hands-on product leader.
The Director of Product Management is a new role, and a great opportunity to solve complex problems, and to lead a tight-knit, hungry, and highly visible team.
You will drive product prioritization, roadmap, and scale product management practices that enable us to deliver valuable and high-quality products to our clients fast.
You and your team’s work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 2000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
- Own quarterly product prioritization and a rolling 6-month roadmap that make our clients successful and move the needle on product KPIs
- Articulate roadmap strategy, prioritization tradeoffs (supported by data), and value to clients to leadership, and to the larger CB Insights team
- Lead by example: own a portfolio of data and workflow products; drive roadmap for products you own from idea to launch, and continual iterations.
- Partner with Design and Engineering to create cohesiveness in UX and UI across web and mobile platforms.
- Lead a team of 3+ Product Managers responsible for prioritizing, planning, and delivering the roadmap
- Embody a client-focused and performance-driven culture; recruit and retain talent
- Coach product managers on key principles and skills. Examples include: data-driven prioritization, simplifying complex problems, defining meaningful product KPIs
- Refine product practices and improve consistency in quality deliverables (e.g. research summaries, roadmap documentation, PRDs) across product managers
- Solidify and roll-out product development process with leaders across functions (e.g. Technical PM, Design, Engineering, Data, Customer Success, and Product Marketing) to improve the quality of products delivered
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS product management experience, preferably in a startup or high-growth environment serving enterprise clients
- Recruited and led a high-performing team of product managers
- Hands-on leadership experience: proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to launch complex products in an Agile and fast-paced environment
- Built and optimized product development, launch, and enablement processes with internal partners
- Track record in leading product planning efforts: including planning the roadmap at the org-level, and setting quarterly OKR with a team of product managers
- UX certification or proficiency in wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Abstract, Invision) is a plus
- Experience in a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital) is a plus
How do you know if you may be the right person for this role?
- You have high standards for you and your team’s work, and what a product should enable clients to achieve
- You enjoy building data software products with engineers and designers in an iterative, and fast-paced environment
- You are client-obsessed, and have a deep understanding of CB Insights’ clients. You challenge and coach product managers to deliver valuable client experience under aggressive goals
- You see the big product picture, but also sweat the details; you can get into the weeds of UX and feature requirements when the team needs you to
- You value hard work and collaboration
- You embrace that speed of execution is a weapon for a growth company
- You take an analytical and data-driven approach to product prioritization
- You have strong communication skills; you should feel comfortable speaking to diverse audiences (e.g. executives, technical audience, clients) as the subject-matter-expert on product
- You are a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences.
- You are a data geek and enjoy experimentation