Technical Product Manager
Ready for a new challenge? Flubit is looking for a new Technical Product Manager to work with 2 separate development teams across 3 main products that work in Python, PHP & NodeJs. Each product has been in use for over a year and now needs the right person to continue to grow and develop them; we are looking for stability, documentation and well managed pipelines to see the products used to their full potential. The products are very diverse and incredibly important to the running of the business, so if this sounds like your kind of challenge let us know!
We want to change the way people buy and sell online. Our technology and services empower consumers to buy for less, merchants to sell more products, and any business to be able to sell almost any product they want from their website/app.
Amazon is pushing UK merchants out of the market and we believe the monopoly-like environment they are creating is harming us all. Amazon makes an average of 15% off every sale made on Amazon.co.uk meaning that UK merchants find it harder and harder to compete. Flubit charge no fees to merchants, allowing them to sell at more competitive prices for the consumer and allowing them to keep their margin. Instead we take a fee from anybody who would like access to nearly all the consumer goods in the UK, this way we believe the market can be more efficient, both for the consumer and the merchant.
What would the job entail?
• Manage a development pipeline with 2 Agile development teams (5 developers all together) who work on mostly backend products with few (if any) UI. This would involved engagement in planning meetings, retrospective meetings, sprint planning meetings and so forth
• Understand the business needs as much as the developmental constraints in order to plan adequately and be able to give estimations of delivery timelines to stakeholders
• Good communication skills in order to manage stakeholder expectation and well as convey the business needs to development teams in order for them to build great products
• Able to work with management in order to prioritize the importance of different projects brought forward by the different stakeholders around the business.
Skills required /useful:
• Technical experience is required
• Good communication skills
• Previous experience with agile development
• Previous experience working in a start-up is a bonus
• Capable of speccing product changes for back-end products without front-end
• Understanding of API’s and service based architecture structures
• Passionate about delivery of great products
• Good understanding of business needs
• Able to manage stakeholder expectations
• Experience with mobile app development is helpful
Please send your CV to Careers@flubit.com
It is Flubit.com policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Flubit.com is an ecommerce platform and is advertising this vacancy as the employer.
Flubit does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. PLEASE NOTE! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. We are acting as the Employer in relation to this role.