At Gousto, we want to become the nation’s favourite way to eat dinner. We’re the leading recipe box company in the UK, already offering a menu of 40 great recipes that change weekly, with delivery 7 days a week. But this is just the beginning – there’s so much more we’re working to deliver in 2020 and beyond. More choice, more personalisation, more convenience, and a better experience across the board – all while targeting zero food waste and reducing plastic by 50% before the end of 2019.
To help us meet our ambitious goals we’re looking for a Lead User Researcher to join our Digital Product team. This is an exceptional and exciting opportunity to lead and help shape the strategic research vision for Gousto’s digital customer experience.
Our cross-functional agile squads consist of product managers, product designers, frontend and backend software engineers, data scientists, analysts and others, all empowered to discover and build opportunities to meet their strategic goals. The Lead User Researcher will be responsible for unlocking the power of user insights within the squads, to accelerate and improve the products and features we build and deliver greater value to our customers.
- Help shape and lead the user research strategy for Gousto’s digital product
- Champion the power of user research to deliver value both to Gousto and to our customers
- Work with the Head of Insights and the Insight team at Gousto to co-ordinate and share customer learnings across all areas of the business
- Plan and lead continuous research initiatives within cross-functional product squads
- Work with squads to determine research needs and optimal methodologies
- Strategically align research activities with squad OKRs and business objectives
- Design and run research and testing activities such as interviews, usability testing sessions, surveys, focus groups and internal workshops
- Develop and grow the user research function within Gousto
Coach others in the digital product team to run basic user research activities
- Analyse and report on research activities and outcomes to squads and the wider team
- Liaise with external research agencies to supplement internal capabilities
- Analyse and determine the best third-party research tools and providers
- Significant experience in user research role(s)
- Experience of organising and facilitating hands-on research activities
- Experience leading research efforts on digital consumer products
- Ability to demonstrate examples of end-to-end strategic research
- Experience working in a lean/agile environment with cross-functional squads
- Comfortable working with and presenting to internal stakeholders at all level
- Holidays – 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.