FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip. FindHotel is a traveller-driven company and we believe that our products should allow us to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE.
As the company grows and accelerates forward, we are looking for Product owners for a multitude of open positions across the different product development squads in the company. Each product development squad comprises of all the professionals (engineering, UX, architects, etc.) needed in order for the squad to meet its goals.
What you’ll do:
– Work closely with a team of skilled engineers to set a vision for your product and define metrics for measuring your success. More specifically you’ll:
– Own your squad’s area of responsibility, end-to-end, ensure its quality and deliver improvements that will empower your colleagues and the company.
– Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to make sure that you and the team provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
– Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
– Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at FindHotel.
– Be your product ambassador, its biggest fan, and at the same time – the one that know exactly what is missing and how to make it even better.
What a day in the office might look like:
For product owners no two days are alike. However, this is what an “average” day would look like:
You’ll start your day staring at a dashboard full of metrics and KPIs related to your squad accompanied by a cup of coffee from our highly curated coffee provider. Given that everything is OK with the metrics and KPIs, you’ll continue to you squads daily standup meeting where you’ll sync with the rest of the squad on your progress to deliver your sprint’s commitments.
Following up on the items that turned up in the daily standup, you’ll spend some time with your squad members to help them progress and if necessary – “unlock” them. Before lunch, you’ll participate in a meeting, either with all the stakeholders as part of the weekly routine or with other POs and colleagues to sync on the latest cross-company initiative that you’re leading. After a good lunch, delivered from a different restaurant every day, you’ll spend some time planning your squad’s future endeavors, whether it’s aligning the roadmap, working with UX professionals or writing detailed requirements.
Just before the day ends, you’ll discuss the results of the latest A/B test with your squad’s analyst. Unless it’s Friday, on Friday evening we have drinks and hang out.
Who you are:
– You have experience working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale applications and services.
-An advantage – you have experience working on a marketplace product or worked with conversion as your leading KPI
-You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
You are data-savvy/ driven/ informed. You know how to work with data, utilize it and when required – get your product to produce it.
– You can translate your and your team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritised backlog items that will pave the way for success
– You always strive for clarity and transparency. You are an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate both with engineers and business stakeholders.
– You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts.
– You are ambitious and what motivates you the most is to build a customer-centric product that disrupts the global industry of hotel bookings. This is an industry dominated by large players with commercial interests that are rarely aligned with traveller interests. This is not the case with FindHotel, and we have now the capabilities to disrupt the status quo.
Why joining us now?
– This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
– We are in fast-growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
What we offer:
– Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
– A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
– A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
– Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
– You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
– We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
– Although we prefer if you work with us in our beautiful Amsterdam office, we are open to full-time remote applicants. What really matters is that you are the right person for the job, not where you do it