Zencargo is a supply chain technology company based in London. Our mission is to make our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage. The Supply Chain industry is the driver of the global economy with a huge impact on global development in trade, the environment and technology. Our vision is a world with smarter trade and we’re building a product that helps companies that move goods around the world to make better decisions.
We’re creating a collaboration platform that allows teams across the world to collaborate effectively on the decisions that must be taken to optimise the movement of goods from the point of manufacture all the way to their eventual delivery.
We work with businesses of all kinds: from lifestyle e-commerce brands looking to cater to changing tastes by launching new products in a way that doesn’t impact the environment, all the way to Fortune-500 manufacturers who are undergoing cultural shifts towards data-centric decision making powered by easy-to-use software.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with experience working across all stages of the product design process, from user research and prototyping through to interaction and visual design. We’re looking for someone who is a motivated, highly collaborative and naturally inquisitive problem solver.
Working in small, focussed, cross-disciplinary teams, you’ll tackle complex and interesting design challenges. Our product helps businesses take smarter decisions to get the right product to the right place, at the right time, for the right cost. Success for our customers means the ability to launch new products, meet demand and remain environmentally conscious.
You’ll be joining an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy. We hire smart, ambitious people and give them the autonomy to help shape the way we work, define processes and constructively challenge each other.
- Championing the product design process in the organisation.
Balancing customer needs with the requirements of the business. You’ll work closely stakeholders to gather business requirements and work with your team to conduct thorough user research.
- Articulating research findings to the team and translating them into testable artifacts like sketches, user flows or interactive prototypes to test assumptions and ideas.
- Iterate prototypes into production ready designs for complex systems and services that consider the high level constraints of the user, technology, business and brand.
- Contributing to the development of our design systems.
Working with our rapidly growing product development team – there’s currently 25 of us – to deliver incredible user experiences. You will also enjoy working with our engineers to create high quality software based on your designs and own the implementation of your designs.
- Interpreting analytics to monitor success to identify user/business needs and also make recommendations for ongoing improvements of the platform. With continued monitoring post release to track the success of UX and KPI’s.
- Collaborating with our commercial and marketing teams, to create marketing materials to sell our vision.
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
Experience working collaboratively with developers and product managers on digital products in an agile and lean way.
Experience with design tools like pen, paper, keynote, sketch, invision or figma and can prioritise choosing the right tool at the right time.
Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
Clear communicator conveying vision and product strategy from a user’s perspective either verbally or through text.
- Salary (£50000 – 65000) and a pension scheme
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best.
- £1000 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings – learning is important to us
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages.
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
Founded in 2017, there are now over 90 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team of Alex Hersham, Jan Reithmayer and Richard Fattal have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses – we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK – as well as enterprise customers.
- We live the mission – We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need.
- We keep our customers in control – Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication.
- We ship for our customers – Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
- Better you + better me = better us – Our goal is to help you discover your professional vision and work together to fulfill your potential
Culture is really important to us at Zencargo. If these values chime with you, we’d love to meet you.
Zencargo raised a large Series A earlier this year and the team expanded to 90 people. We’re backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, Local Globe (Transferwise, Zoopla, Citymapper), HV Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Rocket Internet), Picus Capital (founded by Alex Samwer who co-founded Rocket Internet) and Samos Investments (Betfair, Ocado, Charlotte Tilbury).