Zencargo is a supply chain technology company based in London. Our mission is to make our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage. The Supply Chain industry is the driver of the global economy with a huge impact on global development in trade, the environment and technology. Our vision is a world with smarter trade and we’re building a product that helps companies that move goods around the world to make better decisions.
We’re creating a collaboration platform that allows teams across the world to collaborate effectively on the decisions that must be taken to optimise the movement of goods from the point of manufacture all the way to their eventual delivery.
We work with businesses of all kinds: from lifestyle e-commerce brands looking to cater to changing tastes by launching new products in a way that doesn’t impact the environment, all the way to Fortune-500 manufacturers who are undergoing cultural shifts towards data-centric decision making powered by easy-to-use software.
- We live the mission – We can’t wait for the industry to change: we need to build the future our clients need.
- We keep our customers in control – Communication is the bedrock of global trade. Our role is to empower our customers through information & communication.
- We ship for our customers – Every decision we make is with our customer at its core. We constantly ask ourselves, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
- Better you + better me = better us – Our goal is to help you discover your professional vision and work together to fulfill your potential
Culture is really important to us at Zencargo. If these values chime with you, we’d love to meet you.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. That’s why we’re looking looking for a Senior UX Researcher with a broad range of UX research experience in planning and conducting research at all scales, from in-depth strategic initiatives through to usability testing. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly collaborative and passionate about research. We believe research and design should work hand-in-hand, and as the first UX researcher, you will not only collaborate closely with our small design team but also have the opportunity to shape the practice with the Head of Design.
Working in small, focussed, cross-disciplinary teams, you’ll tackle complex and interesting design challenges. Our product helps businesses make smarter decisions to get the right product to the right place, at the right time, for the right cost. Success for our customers means the ability to launch new products, meet demand and remain environmentally conscious.
Supply chain’s are naturally complex with many different user types from around the world interacting with each other. We’re looking for a researcher that can help us deepen understanding of this interesting space we operate in and especially the needs of the players in the process.
You’ll be joining an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy. We hire smart, ambitious people and give them the autonomy to help shape the way we work, define processes and constructively challenge each other.
- Working on strategic and tactical research in multiple product areas, empowering our teams to make customer-centric decisions throughout all phases of the product development process.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business to gain a deep understanding of their research needs, generate hypotheses and autonomously plan for high-impact research.
- Creatively conducting tactical and strategic research initiatives making use of the most appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Running qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products.
- Working with our data scientists to monitor and evaluate our data sources to inform research initiatives.
- Organising research sessions, including working with the team to recruit and schedule users to speak with.
- Delivering insights in effective and impactful ways (user journeys personas, ideation stimuli, etc), ensuring they’re easily understood and actionable. You’ll look for ways to effectively share these insights throughout the business.
- Mentoring and training Product Managers and Product Designers to run their own research initiatives, helping them achieve more impactful results.
- Working with the Head of Design to develop the research practice at Zencargo.
- Presents a broad range of experience including tactical and strategic research, lab and field, qualitative and quantitative methodologies (including synthesis of both), rapid-turnaround and larger scale, multi-method, in-depth studies.
- Belief in presenting your research as actionable insights and challenges for the team to work towards, and not a list of recommendations.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment, where you’ve lead the research that has made a demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels within the business and excellent stakeholder management skills. Effective in seeking out, building and maintaining strong and trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- An organised, autonomous and self-directed approach, resulting in excellent project management skills.
- Effective and compelling communicator with the ability to distill and present research findings clearly, accurately and compellingly in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication.
Nice to have…
- Experience conducting research in multiple markets, planning for and appreciating potential cultural differences.
- Experience prototyping and creating testable assets desirable.
- Speaks Mandarin
- Salary (£50000 – 65000) and a pension scheme
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best..
- £1000 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings – learning is important to us
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages.
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms