GAIN Capital (GCAP: NYSE) is a global provider of online trading services. Founded in 1999, today GAIN services retail and institutional clients in over 180 countries through our award-winning, globally recognized brands, including, FOREX.com, City Index and GTX. We are seeking an ambitious and innovative Head of Product Management, Platforms for our retail trading business who will help us reshape the world of online FX/CFD trading.
You will be responsible for setting the strategy for our retail trading platforms globally, working with representatives of marketing, sales, technology and client services. Your strategies and experience designs will go beyond meeting the needs of our client groups to excite and inspire them about trading opportunities in global financial markets. Armed with a robust technical product management discipline, you will be responsible for leading a group of business analysts, designers and user experience experts across our full range of desktop, tablet & mobile trading applications as well as our related trading tools, such as analytics/decision support, community/social trading and third party tools. You will have full accountability for the quality, performance & user experience of all client-facing trading tools, as well as for on-time and on-budget delivery.
If you are looking for a challenge and to help us reshape and define what trading platform excellence means in this category, then this is the role for you.
• Shape, evolve and evangelize the vision and strategy for our proprietary trading platforms and ensure that ease of use and an exceptional customer experience remains a paramount consideration in all our offerings.
• Maintain a global product vision that meets the strategic objectives of the firm while also reflecting the unique and sometimes divergent needs of our retail traders in key regional markets such as UK/Europe, US, SE Asia, Australia, Japan, China & Middle East
• Use consumer feedback, business analysis, market research, and competitive analysis to create compelling cases for what we should do and why and to drive product development recommendations
• Collaborate with cross functional team members, business stakeholders and technical teams during discovery process to assess value, technical dependencies and feasibility of product features.
• Drive all aspects of the product lifecycle from ideation to planning and execution
• Create and maintain the global platform roadmap, including sequencing and timing of capabilities and features ·
• Prioritize requirements collaboratively with business stakeholders, user experience, and technology partners
• Manage platform vendor relationships and keep up to date with new features and functionalities
• Generate excitement and anticipation within the company and beyond about our product developments and ensure all groups have a clear understanding of how to use our products and ‘why’ our service is the best available
• Effectively work with in-house and external platform development teams using agile methodology, authoring user stories and acceptance criteria, collaborating with developers and QA to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
• Work with QA to develop testing strategy, identify test cases and participate in UAT
• Minimum 7 years of product management experience in consumer web & mobile, with a proven track record of delivering and managing high performance, dynamic applications
• Related work experience in trading or online brokerage industry a plus, but not required. Strong interest in financial markets & knowledge of trading from personal experience is a significant plus and can substitute for work experience
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of analysts, UX/Design experts, etc.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives and use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and measure success
• Proven track record creating innovative product ideas and concepts that meet business and product strategies based on rigorous analysis of customer needs, the current technology landscape and the competitive environment
• Enjoys working in a dynamic, team oriented environment with a proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships
• Demonstrative technical acumen and ability to communicate effectively with developers and architects
• Expert knowledge in defining and writing requirements documents, including functional requirements, process flows, etc.
• Experience in creating presentations for key stakeholders and Senior Management
• Strong aptitude for problem-solving, decision making and troubleshooting complex issues with the ability to organize and prioritize work