We are looking for a talented individual to take responsibility for a specific part of our mobile offering. This individual will formulate the strategy, work with business experts across the business to define in detail the offering, manage the product roadmap and act as product owner within our Agile development process for resulting projects. The Product Manager will become the expert in their assigned area, keeping themselves and the team up-to-date with market developments and using a range of metrics and insights to drive plans.
The position will be based in London (EC) with occasional travel to our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City (free parking is available, we are connected to London Kings Cross with a fast service (c. 25mins).
Reporting to the Head of Mobile Product / Senior Product Manager, responsibilities within the Product Manager’s assigned areas will include:
- Leading the mobile development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business requirements and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated.
- Ownership of the user experience for mobile: championing a brilliant customer experience, and contributing to standards to be adopted across the group.
- Being the lead business product manager working with IT – PMs, architects and the development team – to deliver the roadmap using Agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
- Proactively seeking improvements to our ways of working across the various teams involved the development and ongoing management of our mobile portfolio.
- Monitoring and understanding the potential of new technologies and business models, identifying and developing new opportunities for Tesco.
- Solid technical understanding – you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations, understand the possibilities of online technologies and know when to challenge and ask questions.
- You will have worked across the full lifecycle of web or mobile development projects – define, design, develop and deliver. These will have ideally been in an ecommerce/retail environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of core development skills – information architecture, user journeys, wireframe design, testing and design briefs.
- You will be a natural planner looking ahead, raising issues, providing solutions and meeting deadlines.
- You will have a natural interest in, and enthusiasm for, new mobile and web technologies.
Key Skills/ Experience and Qualifications required
- 2:1 Degree.
- Ecommerce experience with a web development or customer focus (ideally in a leading brand serving millions of users) is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
To Apply, please send your CV to Marcus.Bennett@uk.tesco.com