Simprints builds innovative technology aimed to help the poorest individuals in the world, and in the most challenging environments on earth, to receive essential services. We work to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. We design and develop both hardware and software by applying modern tools and pioneering technology in new, challenging contexts where there is little to no internet connectivity. Simprints is currently on track to support over 8 million people access critical services by 2021.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to shape the direction of two key products at Simprints: our Cloud platform and our Analytics platform. They are 2 distinct squads with their own engineers, but they often work closely together. These teams are focussed on building systems that can operate at a massive scale (>50m events). The Analytics team is leveraging the data we capture to provide actionable insights at scale. The Cloud team is ensuring our backend scales securely and quickly based on our variable throughput. You will become an expert in the world of Digital Identity for International Development, tackling major challenges such as ensuring sensitive identity data is secure whilst building a system that underpins all our products and services.
As the Technical Product Manager for our Cloud squad (along with 3 engineers) you’ll work on fascinating opportunities, such as exposing data services to the different API clients, figuring out ways to deploy the backend flexibly across hosting providers, and building new cloud-based features for our partners.
As the Technical Product Manager for our Analytics squad (along with 2 data scientists), you’ll be driving the development of two main features: our internal analytics dashboard and a large-scale computational program we run to help remove duplication and fraud in identity.
You will work in an agile, collaborative team that commits to shipping high quality features and robust design, along with a culture that commits to continuous learning and improvement at its heart. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
- Align the priorities of the business, engineering team, and our partners to develop the product roadmap and our overarching cloud & analytics product strategy
- Build deep understanding of our technical infrastructure to design for scale, security, and insight.
- Prioritise the work of your squads and define robust, high quality requirements.
- Define, analyse, and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Experienced product manager for technical software products (e.g. cloud, data science tools, infrastructure, ML/AI, APIs)
- Experience working with leading Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience synthesizing various insights (e.g. direct customer interactions, data analysis) into clear, actionable prioritizations and feature improvements
- Strong experience using agile product development methods
- Ability to communicate effectively, and build strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
Bonus points that would help you in this role
- Engineering mindset (worked as an engineer and/or have a computer science degree)
- Experience with common web architectures such as Service Oriented Architectures and REST APIs
- Exposure to technology in an international development context
- Proficiency at working in the scrum agile process
- Deliver a positive impact on millions of the most vulnerable people in the world
- Work in a diverse team with 20+ nationalities among an overall group of 42
- Collaborate with dedicated and talented engineers committed to writing high quality, clean code using the latest technologies: Go, Kotlin, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform, R.
- Incredible perks
- Unlimited paid time off. Last year, the average Simprints employee took a total of 31 days off (annual leave plus UK bank holidays)
- See our tech in action by joining our deployments around the world: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, or Zimbabwe just to name a few
- Truly flexible working hours. More efficient late at night? That’s fine by us, start after lunch. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who get the job done between 9am and 5pm
- A generous budget to spend on learning. In the past, Simprints engineers have spent this on attending tech conferences, international development conferences, enrolling in Udacity nanodegrees.
- Two ‘LEGO Days’ each quarter where you can work on any project you want. Past projects have ranged from exploring image processing techniques to building a LEGO train to deliver beer around the office
What to do next?
Traditional recruitment processes are open to a lot of subconscious bias: your name, where you studied, previous employers and a host of other factors can lead to your candidacy being treated differently to others. We’ve built a recruitment system that seeks to minimise that bias as much as possible.
To apply, please submit your application through the job page at www.simprints.com/careers. You’ll receive a response and a link to a “Written Interview” or you can access it directly through the following link:
Not everyone is great at interviews, and we want to make sure that you have the best chance to show yourself off in the best light. Once we’ve received your answers to the written interview, we’ll then blind it and three of our team will mark it independently. Only once the marking is finished will we check your CV to make sure that your experience matches up with what we’re looking for.
The deadline for submitting your written interview answers is 17th December at midnight.