Kwara is a Nairobi and Berlin-based startup offering cooperative financial institutions (e.g. SACCOs) a digital platform so they can deliver modern online and mobile banking experiences to their members.
We are relentlessly innovating so that such fair institutions can meet their members’ financial needs instantly, helping them avoid expensive predatory alternatives.
Learn more at kwara.com
You are curious, passionate and data-driven. A lifelong learner who is eager to continuously deliver compelling value to a diverse and growing user base, through a product or a productised orchestration of services and experiences.
About The Role
At Kwara, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional.
In this role, you will nurture and demonstrate that expertise by investing in the development of the Kwara core products to ensure that we develop products that meet user needs while growing the value and impact of Kwara to businesses
- Interact with stakeholders and customers to clearly understand product requirements in a data-driven way.
- Advice on critical data to capture and how to capture them.
- Analyse product, user or market data, surface insights and provide recommendations
- Analyze and coordinate product-related activities to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations
- Develop product specifications.
- Groom and prioritize the product backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Follow the progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end-users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
- Lead or collaborate in product risk assessment, management and mitigation activities.
- Lead or collaborate in organizing shows, special events and other promotional or engagement events around products and offerings.
- Propose new ideas to drive commercialisation or gain profitability on products
- Continuously level up on your own technical and professional skills and grow with the organization
- Experience with leading and managing multiple high-value projects and products involving several stakeholders, in a data-driven way.
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Familiarity with agile is a plus
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Fluent in oral and written communication in English.
- Proactive, clear and concise communication
Ability to set and communicate clear goals and targets.
- Transparently track progress towards set targets and effectively communicate business value on a constant basis
- Demonstrable commitment to the improvement of people and processes through data and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough, pull out key insights, and tell a compelling story
How to apply
- Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no cover letters needed!)