At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £55m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We’re not petrolheads, we’re just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
carwow are hiring a Head of Product Marketing. This role will sit in our Product team, reporting to the Product Director. This is the perfect role for someone with previous experience as a Product Marketing Manager willing to build a product marketing management function from scratch in an exciting and high-growth start-up
You’ll be joining an expanding team, you’ll be working alongside and with Product Managers, Product Designers, Developers, Data Science and User Research. At carwow we support personal development growth, the role can grow with you as you take the next steps in your career.
What you’ll be doing:
– Work closely with the User Research and Insights team, and relevant tools, to build a powerful voice of the customer that can be heard throughout the product lifecycle; using it to drive actionable insights to improve our product strategy and experience.
– Working in collaboration with stakeholders to help develop product positioning and messaging for key products and features, considering factors like the value proposition, target audience and competitive landscape.
– Consolidate and communicate relevant market information that could affect companies positioning (e.g. competitors, positioning, market and consumer trends, relevant regulatory changes, market new entrants) across the company
– Own knowledge about customer personas, updating current understanding and helping product and marketing understand the implications for their areas
– Collaborate with the wider marketing organisation to ensure that our understanding of audience needs, messaging, tone of voice is consistent across all channels.
– Ensure that the communication across different parts of the sites (e.g. review pages, SEO pages, PPC pages) is consistent, aligned with our proposition and clearly explain what carwow is and does and drives the right level of performance
– Support product designers by writing or reviewing copy used across the site related to the different product features
– Create and update other product assets required to communicate and promote products (e.g. videos, imagery)
– Be responsible for internal communication of product to the rest of the company, making sure that all the company is aware of progress and learnings.
– You’ve had some great experience working as a product marketing manager for at least 2 years
– You have a relevant background in marketing or consulting
– You have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems.
– You are a strategic thinker, being able to understand our business strategy, brand positioning and customer needs and reflect them in the way we talk to consumers across our product
– You are highly analytical and accustomed to using data and insights to make decisions and back up your arguments
– You are excellent at writing persuasive copy
– You are able to get inside the customer’s head, and come up with creative ideas to how to persuade them, then use A/B testing to see if those hypotheses are correct
– You are forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
– You are great prioritiser, not afraid to say no
– You love working autonomously, but you’re able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
– You excel at managing stakeholders, whilst also be confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
– Ideally, you can demonstrate a strong interest in user psychology and in marketing
– You have great attention to detail
– A competitive salary and equity in the company
– Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
– Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
– 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
– A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
– Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
– Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
– carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
– A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
– At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).