Mumsnet is looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager to join the team and help us deliver a world class customer experience for one of the UK’s top online communities.
You will be an integral part of a very exciting product team that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet products to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their Product Management career, work on one of the UKs largest websites with millions of users and put customer experience at the heart of Mumsnet.
What you’ll do:
- Build the future of Mumsnet by spotting opportunities in our products using data from insight, behavioural analysis and user interviews;
- Translate business strategy into an effective product solution;
- Drive improvements to Mumsnet’s product performance by focusing on our OKRs/KPIs, understanding what moves them and finding creative solutions to those challenges;
- Collaborate with our UX, Design & Technology teams to create shared understanding and build best in class solutions;
- Validate solutions through the Product discovery process to support assumptions and test hypotheses;
- Measure the performance of your releases to ensure they deliver the impact expected. Iterate when they don’t;
- Create compelling business cases, marketing plans and be a champion for positive change;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the product team by introducing new ideas and concepts;
- Be an advocate for Product across Mumsnet.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for building products people love to use;
Experience working as a Product Manager on a highly successful B2C website or SAAS product;
- Someone who is outcome-focused, can demonstrate it (a portfolio of product successes would be great) and understands the interaction between company objectives and user needs;
- Someone who creates solutions in an iterative way across both new and existing products;
- Good understanding of UX, Jobs To Be Done & OKRs;
- Experience with the HEART & AARRR frameworks;
- Experience of using hypothesis led thinking;
- Someone who can communicate effectively with Stakeholders, Designers and Technical staff;
- A love of data and analytics (both qualitative and quantitative) to help drive evidence-based Product decisions and ideas;
- Comfortable working at the MVP level, creating iterations quickly to test our assumptions about value or implementation.
It’d be nice if you had:
- Experience of Lean UX;
- Experience working in truly collaborative collocated environments, not just in the Product team;
- Experience of delivering Product based workshops e.g. design sprints.
This role reports into the Head of Product and is based in our offices in Kentish Town. This role is envisaged as full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
The deadline for applications is 9th December 2019. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers – metaphorically speaking – say ‘YES’.
We don’t only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best.
View our equality and diversity policy – http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy, our improved parental leave policies – https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies, and read about how we’re empowering our staff by offering flexible training and development via Linkedin Learning – https://learning.linkedin.com/content/dam/me/learning/en-us/case-studies/case-study-mumsnet.pdf. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, shuffleboard competition and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture – our new guide to what it’s like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: