What do we do?
ThoughtFarmer makes award-winning intranet software that brings people and ideas together. Our knowledge management and collaboration tool is used by hundreds of organizations around the globe to get work done. In fact, that’s our mission—to Make Work Better.
We’re looking for a talented, senior Product Manager who’s passionate about creating value for our customers and buyers. Someone with a track record of successfully defining and delivering digital products that solve real customer needs.
Help us redefine the way organizations and people engage with the digital workplace.
What if a Product Manager could work somewhere that combined the enthusiastic optimism and responsible autonomy of a start-up, with the pragmatic stability and established customer base of a mature company? At ThoughtFarmer, we believe that’s possible.
What will you do?
In solving our customer’s challenges, the Product Manager is the bridge between market need and product execution. Using both qualitative and quantitative tools, you uncover customer challenges, understand buyer intent, and help shape highly-usable features. But it doesn’t stop there. You also work collaboratively across all areas of the company and the customer lifecycle—marketing, sales, design, development, customer success—to help turn insights into action.
- Talk to customers, buyers, analysts, and stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of the market, and define product requirements based on these insights.
- Lead product strategy and help define a roadmap for our product. Collaborate with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that strategy.
- Look for product innovation opportunities that will help increase usage, expand sales, and increase retention.
- Partner with designers and developers to build usable and useful functionality in a timely manner
- Work with Marketing to deliver the product vision across all communication channels.
- Maintain a backlog—with team input—of prioritized issues, product ideas and themes
Are you the right fit?
You’re driven by solving real customer problems. You live for those positive stories from users—people who come back to say, “Your product and your team are the best we’ve ever worked with!” And you feel pride in knowing that hundreds of thousands of people use your product every day in their workplace.
But you also know it’s not about you. You’re a collaborative team player who builds cross-organizational understanding and consensus, communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years product management experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Evidence of completing medium to large-scale projects from definition to delivery
- Experience building products with a user-centered design approach
- Experienced working in an agile software development environment
- Experience working with enterprise SaaS
What makes the difference
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Scrum Master
What we offer
At ThoughtFarmer, you’ll work with talented people and global brands like Oxfam, The Guardian, Mountain Equipment Coop, Fokker, YVR, and United States Geological Survey. We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling, balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is stocked with organic groceries, is bike-friendly, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe a recent challenge you faced and how you solved it. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.