We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with a passion for data to help us build a product that empowers data teams to use data to make a difference. Whilst our preference is to hire someone with Product Management experience, we are open to hiring an experienced data analyst, scientist or engineer looking to move into Product Management.
Background on our product and technology
At Snowplow, we build technology (available as open source software and a Private SaaS platform) that enables data teams to generate high quality data that describes how their users and customers engage with them, across different platforms and channels. Our clients are data-sophisticated companies that use that data to drive insights and data-driven applications; these companies are assembling data teams composed of data engineers, data scientists, data analysts and devops.
The data teams that implement our technology face a range of challenges. They need to ensure that:
– the customer data is collected in a consistent way;
– the data is delivered to the applications and systems where it can be used to make a difference;
– the people and applications consuming the data know what it means, how it is structured, and how that meaning and structure have evolved over time;
– there is a high level of assurance in the quality (accuracy and completeness) of the data;
– the data is collected, processed and used in an ethical and legal way.
Our vision is to help data teams address all of these challenges. We have the opportunity to build innovative, industry-leading technology that supports and empowers data teams to meet these challenges.
The opportunity we’re looking to for a Product Manager to help us seize
Data delivery is at the heart of the Snowplow proposition: at its core, Snowplow is a technology to enable companies to track data about how people behave, across different platforms and channels, validate, clean and process that data so that different teams can use that data to drive value for those people and the business.
To date, we have focused on delivering many customer data sources, with a particular focus on web and mobile, into data warehouses and data streams. However, there are many opportunities to improve our core proposition around data delivery. To give just some examples:
– We could launch support for streaming the data into new destinations, e.g. Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), marketing tools and analytics tools
– We could launch support for tracking data from new sources, e.g. IoT
– We could improve our support around specific use cases e.g. video tracking
– We could provide more sophisticated tooling to enable users to deliver different subsets of the data to different destinations to support different use cases
– We could add support for custom data processing on the data in-stream, e.g. identity resolution, audience segmentation, sessionization and funnel-building making the data easier to work with for end-users
– We could improve our toolset for evolving data structures over time, so that this functionality is easier to use.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work on this vital foundation of our product. You will:
– Become an expert on the data teams that use our technology to understand the challenges that they face related to customer data
– Work closely with our Product Designer to conduct research to build out that understanding, including fleshing out and testing different improvements we can make to our offering
– Collaborate closely with the rest of Product, Engineering, and Customer teams at Snowplow to develop, test and productize potential solutions to those problems
– Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams at Snowplow to realize the commercial value of these solutions as we bring them to market
The potential for impact is enormous. You will have product ownership of many of the core capabilities of the Snowplow platform, and will be responsible for driving these forwards. If you are successful, you will make a real difference to the productivity of data engineers, analysts and scientists at many data-sophisticated organisations around the world, and make a significant contribution to the growth of the Snowplow company.
Background on Snowplow the company and where we are today:
It’s a hugely exciting time at Snowplow. Over the last 7 years, we’ve grown to a brilliant 53 person team that is spread out over 12 countries with nearly 150 customers spread across the globe and many, many more open source users, and we’re heading for even bigger and better things.
Our team is diverse. We are united by a shared set of values and a love of working together to solve difficult problems.
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing:
– Strive for the extraordinary. We’re not looking to build me-too products. We’re looking to build a whole new category of product to empower a whole new type of team to solve a whole new set of challenges. We’re looking for people who dare to think differently, who love to be creative, enjoy collaborating to solve problems, are comfortable taking risks and using the opportunity that failure affords to learn more and progress.
– Always be learning. The better we understand the data engineers, analysts, scientists and devops that make up the data teams that use our tech, the better able we’ll be to build products that make a difference for them. You’ll need to relentlessly focus on identifying and understanding the problems faced by those people in those teams.
– Collaborate, collaborate and collaborate some more. You will need to build strong relationships and work effectively with many people and teams within Snowplow: you’ll perform user and prospect research and develop initial prospective solutions for testing with our Product, Design and Research team, work across the Engineering team to identify the best way to build new product and deliver it, and work with Customer, Sales and Marketing to create new, productive journeys for prospects interested in learning more about Snowplow.
– Make a difference. You need to be passionate about making a difference to the people you’re building product for. You will be measured on the impact you have brining new data analysts, engineers, scientists, devops and their broader teams into our ecosystem, providing them with experiences that empower them and encourage them to continue to use our technology and become customers of our company.
What you bring to the team:
– You are passionate about data, technology and product development. Our company sits at the intersection of three really exciting disciplines: data, technology and product development. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares that passion and cares that data, technology and product development are “done right”.
– You are curious with a love of learning. There is so much we do not know. There is so much we have the opportunity to learn. We need to understand the individuals and teams we’re building product for better than anyone else, if we’re going to build the products that best empower those individuals and teams.
– You are pragmatic, with an ability to balance the need to make a difference today whilst laying the groundwork to ensure we can make an even bigger difference tomorrow. There are many problems we could tackle and a lot of product we could build. We need to relentlessly focus and prioritise to ensure we’re making the biggest positive difference we can be with the resources we have.
– You bring out the best in the people you collaborate with. You possess high emotional intelligence. You are good at motivating and exciting different stakeholders to come together, explore a problem, develop a vision and work towards solving it.
You are analytical and data-driven. You are effective at using data as an important tool to build understanding and measure progress. You think through problems systematically.
What you’ll get in return:
– A competitive package based on experience, including share options
– 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
– MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
– Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the previous one was in November 2019 in Bratislava)
– Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
– Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
– Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
– Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
– Continuous supply of coffee and healthy snacks