Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed, struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson’s can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson’s – a brain condition that can turn lives upside down. It gets worse over time and there’s no cure. Yet.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we’re here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson’s UK. Powered by people. Together we’ll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual, experienced in Salesforce administration and passionate about data and continuous improvement. We provide support to thousands of people every year and this year we’ve introduced a new system to maintain our client records which is provided by Salesforce. This is revolutionising the way we manage data securely and enable our staff to provide the very best support to people with Parkinson’s across the UK.
We want to take this product to the next level. As we move forward on our exciting journey to reach more people affected by Parkinson’s across the UK we want to embed a shared approach that supports an excellent user experience, improved data quality and consistency and maximises the Salesforce functionality to inform the charities work. We want to introduce great systems that enable us to have a clear product approach and develop a roadmap for the future that takes account of wider system integration possibilities and harnesses our data to continuously improve services for people with Parkinson’s.
You’ll own, support and develop this product and be responsible for implementing systems and processes to enable the best user experience, data quality and continuous improvement. All while embracing product, agile and lean best practice, working with widely dispersed teams.
What you’ll do
- Understand what is needed from the product and ensure it effectively supports our staff to deliver the very best services.
- Develop and implement robust systems and processes to identify issues, prioritise backlog and deliver a programme of continuous improvement.
- Embed training and support processes, which deliver consistent product use, data entry and reporting.
- Deliver system reporting to measure performance and impact, aligning with team and organisational OKRs.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Significant experience of effectively managing Salesforce products in a medium to large organisation, especially in a lean / agile environment; including: backlog creation, and continuous improvement.
- Experience generating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data enabling decision making based on evidence, analytics and insight.
- Demonstrable experience of UX research techniques, engaging with users and delivering UX activity; turning user insight into real actions and solutions.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Closing date: 17/12/2019
Telephone interviews will be held on Thursday 19 December.
Parkinson’s UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.