As a Senior Product Manager for an exciting new business venture that PERFORM is launching, you will be involved in the definition and then the continuous development of a digital video service globally across mobile, responsive web, game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes. You will collaborate with teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team to define a
product roadmap and deliver it with an external development partner to grow the business.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business
● Working within the product team to develop a design led and data-driven culture within the new venture that encourages innovation and delivers continuous improvement.
● Contribute to the creation of a best in class OTT live broadcast video experience that is:
o Sensitive to individual market needs.
o Distinct and memorable both in terms of visual design and customer interaction.
o Focused on content discovery and conversion of customers into brand advocates
● Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
● Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market and consumer electronics, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
● Ensure we are at the cutting edge of new technology and innovations and
o that our product set is ready and able to be distributed across new devices
o the product is positioned to be ahead of the market through these new channels.
● Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage.
● Obsession on customer metrics and associated conversion/retention rates.
● Deliver a roadmap for innovation, based on analysis of customer trends & viewing habits, tech enhancements, connectivity, penetration, & understanding of rights packages.
● Contribute to the development of detailed product requirements documents.
● Collaborate with the UX design team on wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
● Work closely with the external offshore development partner to ensure that the requirements are prioritised and delivered.
● Work closely with marketing and other product teams to continuously improve the customer acquisition pipeline and maximise conversion.
● Bachelor’s degree required
● MBA preferred.
● Solid years of relevant work experience.
● Strong requirement composition skills, with experience of writing BDD User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in an Agile environment.
● Excellent program organization, product management, and coordination skills.
● Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
● Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management.
● Understanding of the issues surrounding delivering video playback across multiple platforms
● Adept at synthesizing technology and design into best in class products that customers love.
● Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
● Absolute passion for design led thinking and associated innovation.
● Experience of managing 3rd party partners and suppliers
● Background of delivering business value; improve user and customer experience and providing maximum return on investment.
● Pragmatic approach to feature prioritisation and compromises between designs and technical capabilities
● Experience of agile methodologies.
● General interest in sport a real advantage.
● Mandarin, German, Japanese language skill sets also an advantage.
Competencies/ behaviors required
● Courage to make smart decisions
● Honest Communication
● Impactful Innovation
● Passionately Curious.