Founded: 2015 (4 years old) – HQ in London.
Revenues: £1m run rate with 250% year on year growth
Funding to date: ~£4m in equity & grant funding.
Industry: Predictive analytics, Tech for good, IoT, Social Housing, Property Tech
Location: Kings Cross, London
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper. One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. We believe that radical innovation in internet connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionizing the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SaaS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionize the way residents interact with their properties and landlords manage their homes.
About the Role
Role: Head of Product, Switchee Ltd
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: Role can be moulded to fit both part-time and full-time
The Product Team is invaluable for driving our success. As Head of Product you will have responsibility for product direction across 1) our connected hardware and firmware that residents interact with on a day-to-day basis, 2) our internal device management platform, and crucially 3) our B2B SaaS cloud proposition offered to landlords. Whilst you will have oversight of all three areas, your main focus will be our B2B SaaS proposition. Over time, you will help us to grow the product team to have a dedicated PM for each area.
We have made significant progress in the past year to work on product/market fit for our SaaS proposition and you will continue these efforts by guiding the rest of the product team in surfacing customer needs, identifying ways to quickly test hypotheses, and prioritising the successful hypotheses for development into our product. Further, you will have a broad ranging remit to create the best product culture you can, including how we make tradeoffs, how we allocate resources, how we organise teams, who and how we hire, and what new (light-touch) processes you think will contribute to our sustained growth. One of your first tasks is likely to be hiring a PM to own our B2B SaaS cloud proposition, and planning the resources/org structure required to support our other products as we grow.
You will work closely with our customers, CEO, CTO, Head of Customer Success, and other internal stakeholders to: build consensus around product direction; set product objectives; deliver the product to meet those objectives; and ultimately consolidate learnings and repeat!
We think you’ll agree that this is a high-impact role, and we are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge and the opportunity!
- Deeply understanding all of our customer and stakeholders’ needs, and representing them to the business;
- Owning product direction for all product areas (hardware, firmware, internal device management tools, and B2B SaaS cloud proposition);
- Refining product/market fit for our SaaS cloud proposition;
Defining and measuring the metrics that will help us understand our progress towards product/market fit;
- Owning product roadmap and associated processes (e.g. fielding and prioritising new hypotheses, running monthly product boards and retrospectives, etc.);
- Collaborating with Customer Success to deliver and iterate on new features;
- Hiring, line-managing, coaching and mentoring the product team;
- Building strong cross-functional relationships to execute on your strategy without having direct authority;
- Creating a product- and outcome-focussed culture throughout the organisation;
- Being an active member of the Senior Leadership Team
Required skills and experience:
- Highly numerate with strong critical reasoning skills (one way this may be demonstrated is with a degree in one of these subjects: Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics);
- Significant experience leading product teams in B2B SaaS (We would like to build a more product-led culture so we need our Head of Product to bring with them some serious learning from past successes and failures);
- 1-2 years of front-line product management (until you’re able to hire in PMs for each area, a part of your role will involve being a front-line PM when needed);
- Experience managing a product through its entire life cycle, including discovery, specification, prototyping, launch, and iteration;
- Excellent at prioritising the use of limited resources for maximum effect;
- Excellent listening, communication and persuasion skills;
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on a complicated domain.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in IoT and/or analytics;
- Experience in B2C hardware and/or firmware;
- Experience in product design/collaborating with product designers;
- Knowledge of the housing sector.
Life at Switchee
We like to keep things simple and flexible at Switchee. We don’t currently track holidays so you’re free to take as much as you need. We occasionally work remotely but are sensitive to the needs of our colleagues.
We socialise together with regular outings in London and an annual “working remotely” trip abroad where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location for a week (this year we went to Spain).
If we end up working together, we can offer a competitive salary and a generous stake in the company.
If you believe in the same things, don’t hesitate, apply now!
Please be in touch soon as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.