Lyst is on a mission to create the leading platform every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy. Our search and discovery platform connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, providing a simple and engaging experience, whatever their fashion shopping mission.
At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the Squad’s goals. We reward these Squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
As SVP Product, you will own product at Lyst, defining product strategy for the business and overseeing its execution. You will build out and lead the Product, Design and User Research functions, developing and implementing best practices for how these functions should work at Lyst.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be joining a business with a clear vision and ambitious growth plans, and will spearhead our efforts to build the definitive category-leading experience in fashion.
Role and responsibilities
You will be responsible for devising and executing our Product strategy. To achieve this, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer problem, through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Build and lead teams comprising Product, Design & User Research, and implement best-in-class operational frameworks for those functions
- Communicate the Product strategy effectively across the organisation, ensuring buy-in and alignment from Squads and senior stakeholders
- Support and coach Squad Leads and functional reports to devise roadmaps, set measurable goals, hire the right talent and ultimately deliver on your Product strategy
- Provide regular and clear updates on progress to other members of the Leadership Team, the wider company at ‘All Hands’ meetings, and our Board of Directors
- You will have devised and implemented a successful product strategy in consumer web or app businesses before
- You will have built (or significantly contributed to) new multi-touchpoint products, which have been commercially successful and seen growth through retention / customer love (comprising behavioural analysis / user journey thinking & complex infrastructure or backend)
- You will have experience building & leading teams comprising Product, Design & User Research, and implementing effective operational frameworks for those functions
- You thrive in rapidly changing, fluid startup environments
- You are driven by impact and measurable commercial success
- You are highly analytical, with depth of experience in both quantitative and qualitative analytics
- You are able to develop a strong understanding of the customer problem, and use this to inform your creative product vision
- You will have strong opinions on the best ways our product can help our customers
- You can structure and prioritise within highly complex systems, coupling excellent critical judgement with quick decision-making
- You have strong communication skills and can influence teams and stakeholders effectively
- Strong quantitative academics or depth of experience in a quantitative field
- Private Healthcare by Vitality – your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from day one
- Eyecare – discounted eye tests and glasses
- Company pension – up to 3% matching
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We’re a fashion company so we’ll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You’re going to look fantastic!
- Holidays – It’s important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days off on top of all the bank holidays
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Your conference tickets are paid for – we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events – from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved