Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics, growth marketing, brand marketing, category management and more to craft a marketplace that delivers business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
We are looking for Product Managers excited to grow Thumbtack and help every customer looking to hire a local service professional start on Thumbtack and remove any and all barriers along the way.
About the Role
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how a large piece of the local economy works? We’re looking for a product manager to partner with engineers and designers to develop great solutions for Thumbtack’s customers and professionals. You’ll work on a variety of projects across the product with a diverse set of team members.
- Partner with engineers, designers, analysts, growth marketers, and partner product teams to ideate, prioritize and deliver great solutions for our customers and professionals
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Conduct user research and lightweight tests to scope and prioritize product initiatives
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of and alignment around projects
- Wear many hats and be key organizational glue
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent business judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Experience working on a Product Growth team
- Experience with paid marketing and SEO
- Previous job as a Rotational or Associate PM at growth-oriented companies
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.