Hi! 👋 We’re Ferly, your audio guide to mindful sex.
At best, sex is a bit awkward – at worst, it’s taboo. But it shouldn’t be! This is why we’ve created an audio content app that encourages folx to discover what exactly sex means to them – how they feel about it and how they have it. Our mission is to empower every person to lead a life that is pleasurable, confident and healthy.
To get there, we’re starting with womxn. This is because: 1) looking through the research, their need for us is the most acute; 2) so far, we know them best; and 3) the female economy is a very real thing. That being said – the Ferly team is all about keeping it mixed, so however you identify, that’s A-OK with us!
We’re an early-stage FemTech startup backed by Europe’s leading VC and Angel investors including LocalGlobe, Ada Ventures, Micheal Acton-Smith (Calm), Wendy Tan-White (Alphabet X), Sophia Bendz (Atomico), and others.
Over the summer, we launched our iOS app. Since then, we’ve grown from two to five people, have acquired +15K active users through 93% organic growth, and have been featured in Forbes, London’s Sunday Times, Bustle, Grazia, and more. We’ve also been voted as 1 of ‘Europe’s Coolest FemTech Companies in 2019’ (Sifted/Financial Times).
Problems we hope you can help us solve 💡
- Be the voice of our customers – act as the gatekeeper of the product, its biggest evangelist and its greatest expert.
- Execute and expand Ferly’s vision through developing product objectives and strategy that support company OKRs.
- Develop a deep understanding of key learnings, trends and behavioural insights within the Femtech and wellness markets.
- Immerse yourself in the lives of our customers – define them, their journeys and how we’re going to solve their pains.
- Work collaboratively with our design team to create great, user-centred experiences.
- Research, monitor, and analyse the impact of those experiences.
- Define what ‘success’ looks like – both at the feature and product level – and determine the metrics we’re using to track and report on it.
- Regularly review, analyze and communicate product metrics alongside broader customer insights to inform decision-making and identify risks/opportunities for product development.
- Define, evaluate, validate and prioritize product roadmap so as to decide what gets built, why, when and how.
Treat the agile process as a product – in other words, work together as a team to figure out how to get the very best from one another and iterate our development processes to do so.
- Lead and support cross-functional communication, making sure the whole team knows what problems we’re solving for, what our requirements are, and how we know if we succeed (or fail!).
- Contribute to creating a culture of ‘getting it wrong’ so we move closer to ‘getting it right(-ish)’.
You’re great because you’re… ⭐️
- Mission-driven: you want to do something you believe in, not just something you’re good at. Purpose matters to you.
- Obsessed with product and product management: you’ve shipped from start to finish, have core UX skills, and know how to keep it lean and agile.
- User-centred: you place customers at the heart of everything you do.
- An over-communicator: you’re the voice of the person not in the room (e.g. CEO, customer, designer, engineer). You make complex information from different stakeholders clear, inclusive and accessible.
- Data-driven: you use data to make decisions and to optimise but you also understand it’s limitations. If the data’s not there, you’re not afraid to fail – you still make decisions and keep moving.
- An earned leader: you bring people to action through influence and empathy. People follow you because they respect you.
- Energized by uncertainty: being in an early-stage startup has lots of unknowns and ambiguities. You like playing in an open sandbox.
- Looking to grow: you may not have all the skills (yet) but you’re hungry to learn. You’ve got 2+ years of first-hand experience building a product.
- Aligned with our values: in a nutshell: 1) You do you; 2) Be a rebel with a cause; 3) Don’t be militant – hold space for different views; 4) Shoot for Mars.
- Technical ‘enough’: you might not be an engineer but you’re able to empathize with them and you have a deep understanding of technology.
Why this opportunity is pretty damn cool 👀
- It has real, let’s actually-touch-the-lives-of people impact (at scale).
- It’s pioneering – you’ll be a leader in an emerging market that’s estimated to hit $53 billion by 2025.
- We’re flexible. We get that people work differently. We’ve got flex hours and working from home days.
- Share options (so about that $53 billion by 2025 bit…)
- Competitive Los Angeles salary of $80,000 – $90,000 depending on experience.
- An LA workspace that makes you feel like you’re in an urban forest. Literally – you’ll be in a 50,000 sq ft garden that has 6,500 plants and trees.
- Access to weekly cultural, educational and wellness events (and a library).
- Working with really cool and ambitious people to achieve really cool and ambitious things.
- The opportunity to grow the team and the culture around you. It’s early! You’ll have direct influence on who, when, how, and why.
- Weekly team lunches, bi-monthly ‘wind downs’ and team socials.
- The ability to fast-track your career trajectory and have autonomy over how you shape it. You’ll be our first PM and will report directly to the CEO and you’ll also be one of our first 10 hires – we genuinely want you to thrive!
- Be part of an accessible and equal opportunity workplace that celebrates individuality and champions inclusivity.