Hi! We’re Ferly, your audio guide to mindful sex.
At best, sex is a bit awkward – at worst, it’s taboo. But it shouldn’t be! This is why we’ve created an audio content app that encourages folx to discover what exactly sex means to them – how they feel about it and how they have it. Our mission is to empower every person to lead a life that is pleasurable, confident and healthy.
To get there, we’re starting with womxn. Why? Because: 1) looking through the research, their need for us is the most acute; 2) so far, we know them best; and 3) the female economy is a very real thing. That being said – the Ferly team is all about gender diversity, so however you identify, that’s A-OK with us!
We’re an early-stage FemTech startup backed by Europe’s leading VC and Angel investors including LocalGlobe, Ada Ventures, Micheal Acton-Smith (Calm), Wendy Tan-White (Alphabet X), Sophia Bendz (Atomico) and others!
Over the summer, we launched our iOS app. Since then, we’ve grown from two to five people, have +15k active users acquired from 93% organic growth, and have been featured in Forbes, London’s Sunday Times, Bustle, Grazia, and more. We’ve also been voted as 1 of ‘Europe’s Coolest FemTech Companies in 2019’ (Sifted/Financial Times).
Problems we hope you can help us solve 💡
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, PM and engineering team to lead our design process.
- Research and explore other products in the domains of femtech, health/wellness and digital subscriptions to identify key trends and best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers through regularly running design sprints and doing user research.
- Design artefacts to test assumptions and iterate on potential solutions (e.g. sketches, storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, usability studies, A/B testing, prototypes).
- Adapt and prioritize designs according to differences in needs between the user, the tech and the business.
- Create production-ready designs (incl. assets) to allow for a smooth handover with engineers.
- Support engineers in implementation of designs and QA processes to ensure high quality releases.
- Alongside PM, monitor product analytics to evaluate its overall performance, to track the success/failure of releases and to inform future design thinking.
- Oversee the entire end-to-end interaction of the customer with our product across all platforms (e.g. the website, the Ferly App, lifecycle emails, etc.).
- When necessary, collaborate with our Head of Community and marketing team to create promotional materials and grow our movement.
- Use Sketch, Marvel, Figma and Adobe Creative Suite as your main tools (we also use Jira).
You’re great because you’re… ⭐️
- A design thinker: you design-by-empathy, take a human-centred approach to design and have a deep understanding of design principles.
- Mission driven: you want to do something you believe in, not just something you’re good at.
- Versatile: whether it’s doing user research, prototyping, or designing, you know which tools/methods are best used when and how to use them.
- Excited by data: you like making decisions based on data (qualitative and quantitative) and you’re good at collecting and analyzing it.
- Creative: you’re a radical thinker and thrive when exploring new ideas.
- Comfortable not reinventing the wheel: you know when to be radical and when to go with what you already know works.
- Energized by uncertainty: being in an early-stage startup has lots of unknowns and ambiguities. You like playing in an open sandbox.
- Looking to grow: you may not have all the skills (yet) but you’re hungry to learn. You’ve got 2+ years of first-hand experience in interface and user experience design at a consumer product company.
- Communicative: you ask for help when you need it, let others know when something’s not working, and see feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- A ‘glass-half full’ type: your default is to identify solutions to problems rather than to focus on the obstacles blocking them.
- Aligned with our values: in a nutshell: 1) You do you; 2) Be a rebel with a cause; 3) Don’t be militant – hold space for different views; 4) Shoot for Mars.
Why this opportunity is pretty damn cool 👀
- It has real, let’s actually-touch-the-lives-of people impact (at scale).
- It’s pioneering – you’ll be a leader in an emerging market that’s estimated to hit $53 billion by 2025.
- We’re flexible. We get that people work differently. We’ve got flex hours and working from home days.
- Share options (so about that $53 billion by 2025 bit…)
- Competitive Los Angeles salary of $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
- An LA workspace that makes you feel like you’re in an urban forest. Literally – you’ll be in a 50,000 sq ft garden that has 6,500 plants and trees.
- Access to weekly cultural, educational and wellness events (and a library).
- Working with really cool and ambitious people to achieve really cool and ambitious things.
- The opportunity to grow the team and the culture around you. It’s early!
- Weekly team lunches, bi-monthly ‘wind downs’ and team socials.
- The ability to fast-track your career trajectory and have autonomy over how you shape it. You’ll be one of our first 10 hires – we genuinely want you to thrive!
- Be part of an accessible and equal opportunity workplace that celebrates individuality and champions inclusivity.