The HBR Group is accelerating its strategic transformation to become more digital and user-centric. Recent investments in customer databases are starting to provide returns, the commercial and editorial teams are calibrating around customer and community insights and the organization is building off the considerable momentum it’s built digitally in the last 5 years. Because of these changes, the organization is building up its Product Management team.
This job will focus squarely on the primary brand touch point for people around the world: HBR.org. The site, re-launched in November 2014 currently gets almost six million unique visitors per month, and sits in the center of our strategic goals for growth.
The Product Manager will focus his/her attention on key, strategic areas of the site and drive innovation and improvements, based on user data, business goals, and technical capacity. These areas could include the HBR.org search experience, article page template, and others. In addition, the PM will work closely with our group that creates a la carte products for sale, to help identify new opportunities here.
In this role, the Product Manager will work closely with stakeholders from all around the business and must deftly manage these relationships to keep everyone focused on the vision spelled out by the PM. This new product manager position will report to the Managing Director of Product Management and Digital Strategy for the HBR Group and will work alongside the editors and marketers working on the various platforms. This role will also be a key post in the 8-member strong Product Management Group. The PM will be responsible for establishing and meeting appropriate KPIs for the various areas of oversight. This role will create a vision and product roadmap for each of the key areas of HBR.org and tie development milestones to the group’s strategy.
• BA or BS is required.
• 3+ years of experience in Web product management, with consumer Web product management experience strongly preferred.
• Proven ability to drive business success and user engagement on the Web
• Deep familiarity and experience with Google Analytics
• Comfortable working with common Web technologies and platforms
• Ability to speak fluently with both developers and marketers
• Experience working with subscription/membership models preferred
• Attitudinal flexibility
• Attention to detail
• Strong strategic mind-set
• High emotional intelligence
• Proven ability to lead through influence vs authority
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong track record managing multiple Web-based products simultaneously
• Experience managing and collaborating in cross functional resources, and working with shared resources to get work done.
• Highly organized and motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives from concept to completion is essential.