Reporting to the Head of Product based in London, the Associate Product Manager will be instrumental in Mixcloud’s commitment to championing creators, artists and the music industry – fairly and sustainably. Through this position, you will help build the world’s leading fan-to-creator business in audio. This role is perfect for someone highly ambitious in the early stages of their product management career. You will have the opportunity to serve 20 million users and also be supported by world class mentors. Sitting on our product team of 20, you will help build and grow Mixcloud’s core product capabilities such as listener and creator tools, content search and discovery and community engagement features.
The Associate Product Manager will own the full product cycle for a part of the Mixcloud platform: from ideation through to launch and ongoing performance analysis. If you are a self starter, analytical, can manage cross-functional teams and have a passion for music or audio culture, this job is for you.
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. Mixcloud is a global audio streaming platform with a unique catalogue of over 15 million DJ sets, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by expert creators. We’re on a mission to supercharge the relationship between audio creators and their biggest fans; to enable fans to directly support their favourite audio creators, emotionally and financially. With Mixcloud Select, we’re carving out a better ecosystem for audio culture.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work closely with design and engineering to drive innovation, productivity and quality while iterating on the product until project goals and growth targets are met
- Manage and track the engineering development progress, project plans, and timelines to deliver high quality products
- Product ownership of specific work streams, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritisation, and cross-functional coordination
- Work on all platforms of the product: Android, iOS, Desktop Web and Mobile Web
- Identify product and project issues and potential solutions or escalate to avoid project delays
- Align and motivate the team to deliver best-in-class user experience
- Identify gaps in existing workflows and recommend new procedures as needed
WHO ARE YOU?
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams, preferably in a consumer internet company
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile workflow including all ceremonies
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and prioritisation skills
- You are passionate about Mixcloud and creating connected communities in audio
- Must have excellent written and communication skills, and be extremely detail-oriented
- Prior experience working in a startup or on a consumer internet or memberships/subscriptions product
- Demonstrated experience of growth initiatives and experimentation
- Engineering / CS background: You are able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
We live the culture we champion. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers.
We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga, a running club and strong opportunities for personal development.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.