Who are we? 🗞
#ThisMuchIKnow are building a news company that jumps out of your mobile devices and truly grabs the attention of the next generation.
We are at a turning point in the media industry – what is the next big thing?
We think we have the answer.
Now we have to build it.
We’re all about innovating how we share the news. Creating digestible, highly engaging formats that encourage constant interaction, builds trust and avoids sensationalism and negative bias. The tone is knowing, conspiratorial, sharing knowledge, wisdom and wit.
NEWS THAT ACTIVATES: News can feel overwhelming, especially a negative fast cycle of news. That’s why we try and form micro solutions to big news. Small and subtle forces can have a powerful effect. You can check out more here.
Founder Emily Sheffield has twenty years experience in journalism, more recently Deputy Editor and Digital Director of British Vogue, Columnist at Evening Standard, and Sky News commentator
– Taking ownership of the end to end design process, bringing to life the customer experience and the business vision/mission
– Having a human focused approach to building technology businesses, balancing the customer needs and the business requirements.
– Communicating your ideas and progress
– Collecting and acting on all analytics around the product
– Work with the marketing and wider team to help onboard users and manage the user flow
– Prioritising learnings. Ask the right questions and seek feedback when needed.
– Spotting opportunities by taking a keen interest in the business landscape and relevant technologies.
– Managing your time and and driving momentum within the business by subscribing to lean methodologies. Research and testing will be embedded into your process. You will use tools and methods that help move forward quicker, faster and with confidence
– Be solution-focused – make sense of a problem space by proposing and trying solutions. You can think creatively and are resourceful.
– Ensuring there is a clear vision and purpose and we are embodying and communicating the values.
– Sometimes you might need to treat requirements as assumptions and validate them.
– You will be working closely with the tech lead and founder to move the product forward in an iterative way
– Demonstrated ability operating in an ambiguous environment
– Around two years of product experience in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity
– Having worked in a media or news startups as a nice to have
– All the normal design tools
Salary £35K with performance bonus
Opportunity to enter the option pool after probation